Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Going Crazy

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

For those of you who dont know me, here's a condensed backstory on the pregnancy thus far:

Was seeing a midwife, had bleeding at 21 weeks due to a small quarter sized abruption, which subsequently healed shortly after. Was transferred to an OB for care, started monitoring once a week (Non-stress tests and fluid checks).  Baby looks, and has always looked fantastic. Growing great, no signs of distress or placental weakness. Transferred back to midwives at about 30 weeks as his condition is so good, but still continuing monitoring weekly as a precaution.

Anyway I'm 38 weeks now, awaiting my next appointment on Monday. At my last appointment (the big 37 week) The midwife said their OB consultant still recommends the induction, (the explanation given to me is that because of the abruption in the beginning, even though I don't still have it, my placenta has a slightly higher chance of 'shutting down' later in pregnancy. She said this could happen to any pregnancy but mine has slightly more potential apparently). I told her I felt like the baby was coming soon and I said no, that I wanted to put the discussion off until our next appointment. She checked my cervix and found that I'm 3 to 4 cm dialated and his head is engaged. After my cervical check I had more prelabor signs; mucous, increased cramping and braxton hicks, and as the week has gone on even more, pain in my cervix from the baby pressing down, lower back pain, swelling in my hands. Last night I though I was going to go into labor. I had strong pain in my lower back, long braxton hicks contractions, frequent soft bowel movements, pressure and tightness in my uterus. I was so excited! I went to bed late and this morning, nothing. I was really hoping the baby might come before my next appointment because I feel confused about this induction and don't know what I'm going to say when they talk to me about it.

Anyway, that's my dilemma. He feels so close. I'm having prelabor all over the place. But the mucous has stopped, no bloody show, no real contractions. It seems like every night when I lay down the baby not only moves less but I always wake up with no symptoms like it never happened! I'm going crazy.  I'm drinking red rasberry leaf tea, taking primrose oil, walking, tried nipple stimulation. More pre labor but nothing beyond it. So tomorrow at my appointment theyll ask me about induction again because they think it's a good precaution. But I feel like I'm so close! I just don't know what to say!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

If it was me I would ask for 24 more hrs from tomorrows appointment and see if there is anymore activity. There could be a reason labor started and stopped. just try to relax that will help. Good luck! keep us updated :)

rfhsure
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

D you think labor really was trying to start? I feel like I'm still in the intense prelabor stage and that labor could start any minute. I wanted to have a natural labor!

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

If it was me I would ask for 24 more hrs from tomorrows appointment and see if there is anymore activity. There could be a reason labor started and stopped. just try to relax that will help. Good luck! keep us updated :)

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

It sounds like it but every experience is different kwim? With my son I was at 2 cm for a week and i had relly bad braxtonhicks and loss of my plug then at 39 weeks the continous contractions started. It does sound like pre labor to me. Just listen to your body and youe instincts. what are they telling you. Is there and fear or harm in waiting for natural labor to start? I wasn't clear on why they wanted to induce.

rfhsure
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

That's the wierdest thing. That's why I'm in such a wierd position. They basically are concerned that if I wait too long for natural labor to start that my placenta will weaken and just stop working, which would result in his death. But that could happen in any pregnancy. I guess they just believe that because I had a small abruption at the beginning of the pregnancy that my risk of that is a little higher. But I'm already almost 4 cm, and I feel like I'm so close! I'd hate to be induced like wednesday if he might be coming Thursday you know?

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

It sounds like it but every experience is different kwim? With my son I was at 2 cm for a week and i had relly bad braxtonhicks and loss of my plug then at 39 weeks the continous contractions started. It does sound like pre labor to me. Just listen to your body and youe instincts. what are they telling you. Is there and fear or harm in waiting for natural labor to start? I wasn't clear on why they wanted to induce.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I understand completely. I feel like, you are mama, you know what is what. I understand that its better to be safe than sorry but if there was something really wrong your mama radar would be buzzing. I would just inform my midwife and ob of exactly how I feel. Just have the onversation and see where is gets ya.

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

My advice is follow your gut feeling. Sometimes they like to push for things to happen, but your baby will come out when he/she is ready.

avaana06
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Just tell them you want another week. You would only be 39 weeks then and I don't understand why that would be a huge problem. Even if you agree to every other day check ups or something.

mommyof2kids306
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Have you tried intercourse it helped me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I have a very sensitive cervix, it causes really bad bleeding

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

mommyof2kids306
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Oh bless your heart! I hope you get to go into labor naturally

Quoting rfhsure:

I have a very sensitive cervix, it causes really bad bleeding

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN