Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i dont think i can have any more kids....

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 50 Replies

im 24 i have a five year old daughter my dh and i been trying to have another baby since oct and i am still not pregnant. i had the mirena iud i wonder if it did somethign to me inside and now i cant have another baby. i got pregnant fast with my dd.

i had my iud removed  over a year ago.  

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma.x3
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Some people try for years before actually becoming pregnant. Take ovulation tests to know what day you ovulate. Also monitor your temperature. Hope it happens for you!! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM

same thing happened to me it took me 11 months to O and i got pregnant the first cycle i could. mirena is evil

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:02 AM

It can take awhile for your body to regulate after being on bc.  Have you been doing anything to track when you could possibly be ovulating?

mommyof2kids306
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Sometimes it takes awhile it took me 4 months after mirena they say it can take a year I just gave up and didn't track everything and it happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I got pregnant right away with my first two and the one I'm pregnant with now took almost a year with no birth control prior. You've *only*been trying for couple months. .. It's normal for it to take 6 months to a year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
ds 1 was easy to concieve and ds 2 took us 13 months and one loss. It will happen for you. Sometimes it just takes a while. Sending you lots of baby dust!
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Each month, you only have about a 15% chance of getting pregnant anyway, and that probably lowers right after you get off Mirena.  Just give it a little time.

meg4763
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Dh and I conceived our son 6 years ago after one cycle, so we thought it would be easy! We were so wrong.  We have been actively trying for the last 3.5 years, and we finally got our positive in Dec.  I never stopped praying it would happen, and it finally did.  However, we found out that sleep apnea in men can cause infertility , and he has been treating that the last year, so maybe that or just the will of God.  I wish you lots of baby dust and it will happen for you!

southernbelletx
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM
It took me 8 months to o after mirena
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

IUD can cause infertility and increase risk of MC. It can take years for your body to fully recover. BUT it also can take a healthy couple under the age of 35 up to a year on average to conceive. So I wouldn't get too discouraged yet. I would contact your Dr around the 9-12 mn mark and see about getting checked out! Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)