Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question??

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 6 Replies
Im between 6&7 weeks pregnant and haven't been able to keep any food down besides fries...i need some advice on what i could try to eat that might possibly just stay down?? Plz help
This is my 2nd time around but i was never sick with my first :( im starving and nothing seems to be helping right now...not even water
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I wasn't sick with my first either. This time I'm sick all day everyday. I'm 15weeks now. Try asking your Dr for phenergen. It's a prescription for nausea. It makes you sleepy so I only take it around bed time, but it helps me sleep and I feel okay in the morning. I find if I don't take it at night I am puking all morning. I really didn't want to take any meds being pregnant so I suffered along til around 9/10 weeks but now I'm really glad I have it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I agree with pp, but if you are asking specifically for food recommendations there really is no good answer. Unfortunately every pregnant woman is different and reacts different to food, so what works for one will probably not work for you. It's all trial and error, which sucks I know!
fayegurl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Thanks :) I don't have insurance so im going through the HD right now till Medicaid kicks in and i work overnights at my job. Its hard for me to even be around the food at my job-im constantly going back and forth and i even told my boss but they don't care :( but i will ask the doc when i go back in

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

I wasn't sick with my first either. This time I'm sick all day everyday. I'm 15weeks now. Try asking your Dr for phenergen. It's a prescription for nausea. It makes you sleepy so I only take it around bed time, but it helps me sleep and I feel okay in the morning. I find if I don't take it at night I am puking all morning. I really didn't want to take any meds being pregnant so I suffered along til around 9/10 weeks but now I'm really glad I have it!

fayegurl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I know every pregnancy is different but im just curious as to what i could possibly eat.... I've tried different thing than what i had with my 1st but nothing seems to be helping :(

Quoting cnlsmommy:

I agree with pp, but if you are asking specifically for food recommendations there really is no good answer. Unfortunately every pregnant woman is different and reacts different to food, so what works for one will probably not work for you. It's all trial and error, which sucks I know!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
No one can tell you what to eat. Is going to spend on what you can stomach. Everyone is different. Last pregnancy, it was home made chicken noodle and this time it's pizza and pizza subs and dark Cola. It just depends on you.

Quoting fayegurl:

I know every pregnancy is different but im just curious as to what i could possibly eat.... I've tried different thing than what i had with my 1st but nothing seems to be helping :(

Quoting cnlsmommy:

Lyndle
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Your doctor can and should pescribe something for nausea which you take an half an hour before breakfast in the morning. Grate an apple with the skin and let it sit for half an hour until it goes slightly brown, then eat. It settles the tummy. Your first meal, or even first snack for the day should be of a hard, high in fibre nature. No diary. High in fibre crackerbread with a salty spread, or brown toast. Remember small meals and eat slowly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured