Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how to tell the difference between implantation bleeding and a period

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

so i got my period last tuesday, it was 2 days late. it started of very light with mild cramping. it got a little heavier the second day and then by the 3rd and 4th day it was basically gone. its never like that i usually have heavy and longer periods. so my period sorta tappered off on friday.  friday i had a huge headache and i sill have it now (im not the type of person to get headaches) saturday i got so nauseaus outta the blue and my boobs have been hurting on and off and im bloated. should i take a test? im confused and dont know what to think

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelrothchild
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Yeah, when in doubt take a test.  Were you expecting your period when this bleeding started?

bxmommy2be
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

yea, i was 2 days late

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Yeah, when in doubt take a test.  Were you expecting your period when this bleeding started?

CafeMom Tickers
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Test.  That seems heavy for implantation though.  My last period was exactly like that.  My implantation bleeding is just spotting.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Implantation bleeding is usually just a tiny bit, like spotting. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree--it seems a little too heavy for implantation.  I would take a test if you think there is even a chance.  Good luck!

rachelrothchild
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I had an "odd" period back June that lasted a few days.  Turns out I was pregnant.  May not be implantation bleeding or a real period.  Sometimes in very early pregnancy you can spot or even bleed.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  The jury is out for you right now.  I didn't find out until after that.  I took a test 8 days earlier and it was negative.

Quoting bxmommy2be:

yea, i was 2 days late

Quoting rachelrothchild:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I wouldnt guess implantation but could be other pregnancy related bleeding. Take a test.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM

When in doubt test.  I never had implantation bleeding only cramping.

fofo8907
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Did you test?
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

This has always been my thought through research. Its literally a very tiny bit of blood, so little that many people miss it. But women do have more significant bleeding in early pregnancy. So definately in doubt take a test. I think if you wait 24-48 hrs after you suspect implantation that should be enough time to get a positive test!! GL

Quoting Pandapanda:

Implantation bleeding is usually just a tiny bit, like spotting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)