Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Today's my due date....*sigh*

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
Only good news, is I had my doc appt and he said I am 2 cm and 50%. Well, Atleast I'm progressing. Doc scheduled me for an induction, which I don't want! I hope this baby comes naturally. Last night I had some pretty knarley contractions. I was almost 100% sure was in labor. Took a bath just in case. And poof! they were gone.. Well.. Now I guess we just continue the waiting game............
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Always1222
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Why would they schedule you for an induction? I mean as long as you and baby are okay I don't see why they would?

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM
You can say no to the induction. They cannot force it on you.

I have found that making a list of fun things to do from due date on is helpful. I always bake them longer (longest was 41w 6d) so I ignore my due date by this point.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissRN
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Sometimes taking a bath in early labor can stall things/stop contractions. Maybe try walking, nipple stim and some BD to get things going :) they shouldn't induce you for a while! Baby is perfectly fine taking his/her time

norwgnwood
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Is this your first?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PresleyLove
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
No, this is not my first. I went 2 days past my ODD with my son.

Quoting norwgnwood:

Is this your first?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

If you don't want the induction, don't go. Simple! 

PresleyLove
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Doc said they don't allow women to go past 41 weeks to prevent risks..

Quoting Always1222:

Why would they schedule you for an induction? I mean as long as you and baby are okay I don't see why they would?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thing it doesn't matter what they "allow"! :D They cannot legally drop you from care within 30 days of your due date and cannot force any medical decision onto you.

Quoting PresleyLove:

Quoting Always1222:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
kierasmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
They work for you. Would you allow any other employee to tell you how to run your business?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Then, your doctor is not following the American Congress of OB/GYN guidelines on post-dates! You have FULL 42 weeks before your provider should mention induction, if you and baby are well. You have the right to decline any procedure you feel is unsafe (such as an unneeded induction). Here is more info!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17463101/Post_dates?use_mobile=0

Quoting PresleyLove:

Quoting Always1222:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)