Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So I know back pain is normal but.....

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 2 Replies

When do you know it is something more than the normal aches and pains? For the last few days I have been having period like cramps in my back and lower belly. I am drinking plenty of water, staying off my feet isn't really an option (I work 45 hours a week as a restaurant manager and I firmly believe you can not run a store while sitting in an office), I do take breaks often and sit down whenever there is down time. The cramps are not close enough to time, but some of them do take my breath away and I have to lean forward and deep breath through them. This is baby #3 for me and I thought I was past all this unsure worry business but guess not. I am 25wks 4 days so waaaaaay to early for baby to be making her appearance. Oh and little miss does not approve, after a strong cramp she will give a nice hard kick in protest. I hate to be that mom that cries wolf but I am starting to worry.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
emilyelephant
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I had that and found out it was constipation pain.  I couldn't do anything until it went away.  My belly didn't get hard and it happened maybe 2 times a day for a week around 30 weeks. You should definitely ask your dr anyway.

Spring.Mom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I have been experiencing similar pain, not to the extent that you are explaining. I would call your Dr. and let them know whats going on. Especially because it sound like the baby doesn't enjoy it. I did just to make sure it was ok because I didn't have anything like this with my first. They told me it was normal for 2nd pregnancies and the back pain would be a lot worse. I hope everything is ok!

babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN