Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

F&!$ !!!!!!! X-O!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
Holy contractions!!!!!!!! They are only 10 minutes apart, but I wanna die!!! I'm wondering when the hell are they going to go down to 4-5 minutes so I can go in... Do I really have to wait? Geesh!!!!! This is... Wow! Painful. I wanna take a bath/shower but someone told me it could stop the contractions... I'm supposed to be due today.. The night before I went through this and took a bath. They stopped, but now I'm realizing those were pussy contractions compared to these.....
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AmericanChild82
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Walk or dance around your house to keep things moving along. Good luck momma!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:59 AM

You don't want to stop them?

If you are in labor at 33 weeks or 43 weeks bathing should not affect them enough...  But can be wonderful relief!      For waterbirthing, we generally don't want to stay in too long if it turns out we aren't too far into labor yet, but who knows where you are & what is happening.    It's worth it, imo!

;-)

GL!

carinsmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I don't know why it would stop them. It can be really helpful for pain relief. I would go for it if I were you. Good luck, maybe you will have a baby soon!!

Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Good Luck

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Don't listen to the "rule" about timing. Most women don't work like a textbook says they should, and it's totally normal. 

How is the pressure? How are you coping with them?

kblpooh
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Make sure you stay hydrated, otherwise the contractions will feel worse. I took showers and baths while in labor and it didn't pump my contractions. In fact my water broke in the shower with my first. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)