Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can't go to the bathroom TMI...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 23 Replies
So I am almost 12weeks along and I can't seem to go to the bethroom.... I urinate just fine but the other thing I can't do... It's been almost a week and I feel very gasy. And when I do go its hard as a rock... Any advice on what is safe to take?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Colace or milk of magnesia is safe. If you take the milk of magnesia make sure you are near a toilet. The colace is safe to take everyday as a stoll softener.
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Magnesium supplements or colace (though I don't personally like stool softeners).

jbjb1024
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Miralax is what I took. I took 2x a week until things got better. Now I take once a day. It is the best thing ever. Good luck!!
MrsRobinson06
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I'm 36 weeks right now and have been drinking a glass of metamucil everyday. It's worked wonders. If I went a couple days without it, I would be constipated again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paty123
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Magnesia...how do I find that in the store? In the medicine section?

Quoting tarakay0417:

Colace or milk of magnesia is safe. If you take the milk of magnesia make sure you are near a toilet. The colace is safe to take everyday as a stoll softener.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I take fiber pills. They are pretty inexpensive and you can take up to 5 if you need to. A few of those with a stool softener should get things moving along. Good luck!
oh, and drink LOTS of water :)
JennyLee24
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Milk of magnesia to get cleaned out..then i would say a stool softner everyday. I was severly impacted and had to see my dr and he told me to drink this horrible stuff to completely clean out my colon bc nothing would work. Now i have to do miralax twice a day to prevent this kind of constipation again..zofran is what called my constipation and while im taking it i have to be careful with my diet and have to get my stool softner in everyday. Dont let yourself get to the point i was at where not even a normal laxative would work. Talk to your doctor to see what he recommends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM
This is exactly what my doc told me to do from 6 mos on-

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I take fiber pills. They are pretty inexpensive and you can take up to 5 if you need to. A few of those with a stool softener should get things moving along. Good luck!

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Those fiber pills are a dream. I even take them when not preggo.

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

This is exactly what my doc told me to do from 6 mos on-

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

lillucky8
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Colace, a glass of warm water with lemon, p fruits...pineapple, peaches, pears, prunes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)