Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help with second trimester sickness?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hi ladies,

I am currently 22 & 2 and *still* having *morning* sickness. I am fairly certain that I have HG, and my midwife agrees, but says I have done better than most with keeping myself hydrated etc so has never diagnosed me. That being said, I lived on Zofran and lost 10 lbs in 1st trimester.  While it is nice to hear that I am doing well, and I had a wonderful break from 18- 22 weeks (gained back my 10 lbs and 1 extra)  I I am now back to experiencing horrible diarrhea and nausea. I have some of the Zofran left and I take that when I cannot handle it, but I am mother of 4 others and homeschool so I cannot take it regularly because of the horrible headaches I get from it.  Its easier to throw up and go back to life than be wiped out on my sofa watching life happen, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, long story but does anyone have some ideas for me on how to deal with the icky? Especially the diarrhea and gassy bloating- I am used to the nausea and think I can deal- but this other is taking me out for the count. TMI but it's litterally 35-40 minutes after I eat, I have to run to bathroom and stay there for a while. Then in middle of night I am up going potty again. Plus the gut twisting pain and crampy feeling is horrible.

I feel like I eat well ( I cook from scratch pretty much everything), and try to make sure I have tons of greens and fruits- I also made sure I get fiber in daily.

My next appt is in about 2.5 weeks so I can talk to midwife then, but until then... ugh.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I had to switch to phenergan (sp) bc the zofran gave me terrible migraines. I had sickness until six or seven months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyLee24
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Im not sure. Im 14 wks and have been on zofran since 7 wks. It gives me those horrible headaches too but it constipates me instead horribly. Im still sick..hoping it stops soon. Idk what else u could do except maybe try phenergan if it will work for u. I havent tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)