Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stomach and Spleen on the wrong side

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 15 Replies

Recently switched OB's at 28 weeks (thank god).  My new OB sent me for new ultasound.  Doctor informed me that the my dds stomach and spleen are one the right side.  The heart is on the left side.  I was wondering if any other mother's have children with this diagnosis.  I would love to know how the baby is doing now if you have a child with this same diagnosis.  Thank you for your help.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM

my kids don't have this but I can't imagine it will harm baby other than doctors and stuff needing to know that those organs are on the opposite side. Is your doctor concerned about it?

LTryon
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I thought the heart is supposed to be more to the left side of your chest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTimSaria
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Thank you for replying.  You said the same thing that my sister said to me when I told her an hour ago.  They are not that concerned.  But I wanted to see if any other mother's have been through it.  Or are going in through it.  I am sure my dd will be fine.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I have not, but I always thought the heart was on the left side?  I hope all is ok!!

MsNeene
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I'm not sure but here's a bump
MsNeene
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM

BUMP!

tiffs2009
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Huh.. I'm a little confused. Your heart is on the left, stomach is In the middle towards the right and spleen is on the right. So i guess I'm confused cause it sounds like everything is in the normal place?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Sounds like you had a normal scan and that is why he isn't concerned.

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM

the heart should be on the left so thats good but I would ask your dr what this means and maybe call the soon to be pedi and ask to speak with them regarding this issue and what the future might hold

katie11908
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM

That sounds normal to me... hmmm did he say if there was something wrong with that?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured