Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TMI, I cough I pee

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 17 Replies
For the first time I coughed, and a little pee came out. It happened twice. I'm 17.4 weeks. Is this normal? I was like what was that?
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Always1222
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I'm not sure on the normal stuff. But I am 19 weeks, and when I throw up I sometimes pee. So bump for someone else to know :)

JunkYdMom
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Yeah...I cough I pee also. I'm 16w4 w/ twins...I think Ill need depends soon..lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FinchsMommy
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
A little sprinkle when you cough or puke isn't uncommon when you pregnant and even after delivery. I had that happen just about every time I puked with my first and rarely when I coughed.

My dr told me to do kegel exercises to help strength my pelvic floor while I was pregnant and post-partum and it definitely helped with delivery, later in my pregnancy and post partum. I still occasionally have that issue when puking. Flu season was a nightmare. Yak, cleanup and change my pants, yak, rinse and repeat.
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:22 AM

lol. i'm at 7 weeks and it happened to me the other day with a sneeze. but hell, after 3 previous births, it happens pretty much any time i get really sick. 

tanper29
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Yup its normal. Make sure to do kegal excersises. And u can always wear a pantyliner or a pad.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Its def normal, not fun, but normal, do kegels, lots n lots of kegels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartagram_girl
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Welcome to the world of pregnancy! I have been doing that since week 13, and it has only gotten worse. Word of advice- always do a load of whites each night, just to make sure you have enough underwear to last the day! That and panty liners is a great help. Kegel exercises are helpful too. And be careful laughing- you may pee a little then too! And sneezing.

CafeMom Tickers
krodden87
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Not only normal but it doesnt neccesarily go away after you have the baby either. My third is due any day now and this has been the worst one yet. Eventually its going to be everytime you cough, everytime you sneeze, everytime you laugh... lol... prepare for the fun and start doing your kegal exercises.
MsNeene
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Very very normal. It's gets alittle worse the further along you get. I'm 32 weeks and I pee on myself when I throw up, sneeze, cough, laugh or even just stand up. This is my 4th baby and by far this is the worst it's ever been. Yikes . I've gotten used to it
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Yes, normal. Have fun lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)