Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I don't know why anyone would voluntarily do this to themselves! *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
I just had my second c section and the pain is awful! It's very difficult to enjoy baby, breastfeed, get up, etc. If you are wanting an elective c section, please reconsider! I wish I could have had the vbac I wanted, but baby's lack of movement had the doc concerned, I was not dilating, which doc attributes to my heart shaped uterus, which I didn't know I had. My blood pressure dropped to 66/30 during the surgery. Very scary!

I forgot to add that there was an area on my belly about as big around as a closed fist that didn't go numb, so the tugging and pulling to get baby out was very uncomfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (11-18):
Ginnygurl97
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Oh i hear ya!!! Thank god it was my second child and my labor went super fast. My first I had an epidural so I had no idea what I was in for lol. Although towards the end I kept screaming I couldn't do it! But god it was a hell of alot better than getting major surgery for something that i didnt need it for. That definitely does scare the bejesus out of me!

Quoting Reality_check:

id rather go through natural childbirth again than c section.. natural was soooo painful.. i dont even know how i survived.. c section scares me shitless...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
m0mmyheather
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:36 AM
I was in horrible pain for three weeks after I had my daughter. I ended up needing an episiotomy to get her all the way out, and I couldn't move at all without wanting to cry after. I was wishing I had gotten a c-section. The recovery from my episiotomy was awful anyways. The only thing I'm happy about is that everything got sewed up a little better than before, if you catch my drift. And the outside even looks cuter and smaller somehow.
xLilBit22
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Sounds scary. But congrats on ur baby
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Aw I'm soo sorry, I know how that is.  I didn't see my son for 2 days after I had him because I couldn't make it up to the NICU.  What meds are you on?  They were giving me 2 percocets and 1 ibuprofen every 4 hours and I would fall asleep mid sentence they made me so out of it.  I switched to just 1 percocet and ibuprofen every 4 hours and it killed the pain completely but didn't make me so doped up.  Maybe experiment a little with them until you find what works.

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

They keep Ethan in the nursery a lot because my blood pressure is still pretty low, and I've been nodding off while holding him. I don't tolerate the pain meds well and am way too relaxed when I take them, but I have to. I am missing out on some critical bonding time. :(

Quoting MMerrill:

Congrats on your LO!

That is weird that they didn't know you had a "heart shaped uterus" that can be a serious issue!  My friend has a bicornuate uterus and they are expecting her to deliver any week because of it and she is only 26 weeks.

So sorry this happened to you!  My c-section and recovering from it was down right horrible, I thought I would never heal and I didn't even have my baby with me while I was healing because he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine trying to take care of a baby afterwards!  Hang in there mama!!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

kristyp.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never had a c sec. It scares me thinking about it!! I feel bad your missing your time with him and in pain. :( that sucks so bad but on the positive side you will heal and your both ok and. Will have a ton of bonding soon. * hugs *
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I am taking 1 percocet and 2 ibuprofen every 6 hours. Now I am having flu like symptoms and haven't seen baby in almost 4 hours. I just can't seem to win this one! :(

Quoting MMerrill:

Aw I'm soo sorry, I know how that is.  I didn't see my son for 2 days after I had him because I couldn't make it up to the NICU.  What meds are you on?  They were giving me 2 percocets and 1 ibuprofen every 4 hours and I would fall asleep mid sentence they made me so out of it.  I switched to just 1 percocet and ibuprofen every 4 hours and it killed the pain completely but didn't make me so doped up.  Maybe experiment a little with them until you find what works.

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

They keep Ethan in the nursery a lot because my blood pressure is still pretty low, and I've been nodding off while holding him. I don't tolerate the pain meds well and am way too relaxed when I take them, but I have to. I am missing out on some critical bonding time. :(

Quoting MMerrill:

Congrats on your LO!

That is weird that they didn't know you had a "heart shaped uterus" that can be a serious issue!  My friend has a bicornuate uterus and they are expecting her to deliver any week because of it and she is only 26 weeks.

So sorry this happened to you!  My c-section and recovering from it was down right horrible, I thought I would never heal and I didn't even have my baby with me while I was healing because he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine trying to take care of a baby afterwards!  Hang in there mama!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanper29
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Oh wow. I hope ur feeling better. Congrats on ur bundle of joy
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I'm sorry you are having a rough time! 

I don't know why anyone would choose a section when they had a choice either. Or the women who don't care if they end up with one. I'm terrified of the idea of having a section! And I've had elective breast reduction surgery. So it's not like I'm just afraid of surgery in general.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)