Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Starting to get nervous..

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 11 Replies
Scheduled for induction on Friday. I'm so nervous! This is my first baby, and I don't really know what to expect. I'm nervous about the induction, and I'm nervous about being a mom, I'm just overall nervous.. this is just getting so so real.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Aw how exciting! May I ask why you've chosen to be induced? I always like the excitement of waiting to go on my own.

123MomAmy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Good luck! No one knows what they're doing at first, and each mother and baby is different, but after some time, it will all come naturally to you :)
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Good luck! Believe me, newborns are really easy. They eat, sleep and poop. You can't go wrong as long as you love it. 8)

Most things are common sense. Don't put the baby on top of the car. Don't put baby on top of the table. LOL

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I'm sure you'll adjust just fine. Good luck :)
JLCrunch
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Huge word of advice, DO NOT LET THEM BULLY YOU. Some doctor love to push for an unnecessary csection or other unneccessary medical intervention. Go at your own pace and be sure you coach your SO or birthing partner as to your wishes so they can speak on your behalf if needed as your advocate. Do not be afraid to have small nibbles of something to keep you going (I packed poptarts) and took small sips of water.

newmom3917
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Because I'll be 2 weeks overdue and placenta is getting calcified:-/ i really wanted him to come on his own but he's just too comfy in there 8I suppose.

Quoting mychinababy:

Aw how exciting! May I ask why you've chosen to be induced? I always like the excitement of waiting to go on my own.

nicole2884
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM

thats totally normal, but your ready for this you have had 9 mths an even if you think your not its all in your head 

mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Wow that's great you have waited so long! My first two came naturally at 38 weeks 1 day and 40 weeks 3 days ut my third was 41 weeks 1 day and I agreed to be induced. I hated the induction compared to my natural deliveries  it I still did it with no drugs, just a low dose of pitocin. He came within 4 hours of getting the first dose so I was thankful for that. I hope it'll be that easy for you as well. 

Plus, don't be nervous about being a mom! It really just came so naturally. I had never even held a baby before I had my first. Had no idea what to do and I was only 19 but after I had her all the fears went away and I just tried my best!

Quoting newmom3917:

Because I'll be 2 weeks overdue and placenta is getting calcified:-/ i really wanted him to come on his own but he's just too comfy in there 8I suppose.

Quoting mychinababy:

newmom3917
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM

This baby has kept me waiting far too long lol. I hope it's pretty easy:-) I'm not being induced with pitocin, I'm being induced with a tiny pill that gets placed by the cervix. If that doesn't work I may have to use pitocin. I'm only 19 too and this is my first:-) I have held plenty of  babies, I have lots of little cousins and siblings. I'm just so nervous that I'm going to be responsible for this little guy:) I'm excited though too. I think I'm pretty ready. I've had 9 months to get ready:)

Quoting mychinababy:

Wow that's great you have waited so long! My first two came naturally at 38 weeks 1 day and 40 weeks 3 days ut my third was 41 weeks 1 day and I agreed to be induced. I hated the induction compared to my natural deliveries  it I still did it with no drugs, just a low dose of pitocin. He came within 4 hours of getting the first dose so I was thankful for that. I hope it'll be that easy for you as well. 

Plus, don't be nervous about being a mom! It really just came so naturally. I had never even held a baby before I had my first. Had no idea what to do and I was only 19 but after I had her all the fears went away and I just tried my best!

Quoting newmom3917:

Quoting mychinababy:

KrissyV
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Good luck to you.  My induction went well and I delivered a nine pound plus healthy beautfiul girl.  I recommend having a plan during post partem care as to whether you plan to nurse or bottlefeed, who you want visiting you and when, also whether or not you want your baby with you the entire time.  I only say this because as a new mother, I didn't consider anything except wanting my baby in my arms and all of these factors came up and resulted in a pretty nasty experience for me.  ( Getting yelled at all of the time by different nurses- day nurses pushing nursing while night nurses pushed formula, trying to take my baby away to the nursery because she was being "too noisy" etc).  Good luck to you and I am sure everything will turn out great!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)