Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stupid Question but Here It Goes

How do I make my child's first appointment with the pediatrician? For some reason, I have been thinking about how to go about getting Atreyu's appointment and doc in line, although he isnt due till May. I have Alabama Patient 1st insurance, and my case worker isnt being any help! When do I need to start finding out who has openings? Will I need to let them know when he is born? What do I need to bring with me for those first appointments? What kind of paperwork will I need to fill out?

I have never done this before- Atreyu is my first child. I am so confused and I wish I lived in another county so I can have a more helpful case worker!

26 weeks may be too early, but I am ready to get all my ducks in a row and do what I can while I still have the willpower and energy to do it.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (21-24):
EcoModernMom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

look around and decide who to go with. there is usually a spot on your paperwork sayng who your ped will be. for me, the ped i choose came and saw my dd at the hospital when she was born, i met her there and then we saw her again for the first official appointment.

muchlovedby4
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I had to make up my own shot plan. We have a history of allergic reactions to vaccinations in my family.

So i spoke to my new LO's pedi and he will only be getting one shot per visit. This means getting one shot per month for 4 months in some cases, but id rather do it that way than have him react aniphilactically (sp?) and not know which he's reacting to. That's just an example of an amended shot plan.

Quoting heartagram_girl:

I didnt know docs did 'meet n greet'; and some of their secretaries are so freaking rude over the telephone! What is an alternative shot plan?

Quoting lillucky8:

You can check around to see who is accepting new patients, ask your ob for recommendations. Call the offices and make meet n greet appts with the docs to see who you mesh with the best.

When baby is born they will ask who your pedi is so they can forward birth records etc and baby will see a four day check up, then two wk, then month etc.

When you have the meet n greet ask lots of questions, if you are choosing an alternative shot plan discuss that, ask about after hour services, which hospitals they have privellages etc. Bring a notebook!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
My cousin also named her son Atreyu. I had never heard it before! Its cool to see others that know of the name.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

I love that you used the name Atreyu. Nobody ever gets it! And my husband said no to it lol.

I have no clue how to make the appointment though, perks of the military all that is done for you and given to you upon discharge from the hospital.

Quoting heartagram_girl:

How do I make my child's first appointment with the pediatrician? For some reason, I have been thinking about how to go about getting Atreyu's appointment and doc in line, although he isnt due till May. I have Alabama Patient 1st insurance, and my case worker isnt being any help! When do I need to start finding out who has openings? Will I need to let them know when he is born? What do I need to bring with me for those first appointments? What kind of paperwork will I need to fill out?

I have never done this before- Atreyu is my first child. I am so confused and I wish I lived in another county so I can have a more helpful case worker!

26 weeks may be too early, but I am ready to get all my ducks in a row and do what I can while I still have the willpower and energy to do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
The Never Ending Story. Loved that book as a child. Then my mom messed up and showed me it had movies. Lol It's one of those bookworm things.

Quoting MrsRobinson06:

My cousin also named her son Atreyu. I had never heard it before! Its cool to see others that know of the name.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

I love that you used the name Atreyu. Nobody ever gets it! And my husband said no to it lol.

I have no clue how to make the appointment though, perks of the military all that is done for you and given to you upon discharge from the hospital.

Quoting heartagram_girl:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)