Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello!

I'm about 35 weeks pregnant with out first kid. I'm just feeling so emotionally and physically drained. My pregnancy itself has been pretty easy, no scares or worries, but my life on the other hand is all over the place, and I'm just soooo done. I am so hoping after he arrives I will feel so much better.

My mom was diagnosed with Colon cancer shortly after my husband and I discovered we were expecting, so our happiness was, short lived per say. I'm a momma's girl so I worry about her constantly, and I know *worry* and stress isn't good, but I try not to, but she's always on my mind. They recently stopped her chemotherapy after noticing something was up with her liver enzymes, she had a CT scan, and they've noticed a spot on her liver. She had some more tests to see if the cancer had spread, however the DRs are confident it may just be some sort of fatty build-up due to the chemotherapy. She's also had some allergic reactions to her drug. I want to stay positive, but it's just harrrrd! We won't know anything until the 12th of this month.

Shortly after that my dog delivered puppies, everything was great until we took them to get their first round of shots. Within 24hrs, all 6 puppies had contracted parvo. Vet was confused and they all stayed at the vet for 7 days. All but one passed away. We had no plans to keep any of the puppies, but Annie is still with us today. With all the crying and late nights I couldn't bare to get rid of her. Not to mention the vet bill. 

After the puppies, our emergancy money was drained, and I began to worry about that, but we were fine and moved on. I haven't worked since April of last year, and hubby didn't want me to go back to work until after son was born. It made sense to me, I didn't know anyone who would hire someone who was pregnant anyway.

Finally some smooth sailing for a few months, and things calm down. I start to enjoy being pregnant and FINALLY let myself get excited about the future. Hubby & I had no plans to have kids, but now that is happened we are more than extatic to welcome baby "L" (we aren't revealing the name until birth) to the world in March. But boy did that not last long. The company my husband works at filed for Bankruptsy, and everyone's hours were cut. He was working 40-50 hours a week, and now it's down to 20 *IF* he's lucky. For instance last week he got 28 hrs, and the week before only 10. I made a tough decesion and went back to work with 8 weeks to go in my pregnancy. The place I worked last April was more than happy to hire me. I only work part time, 3-4 days a week for about 6 hrs each day, but I'm hoping it will help until my husband's hours go back to normal or he finds another job. He has already put in applications else where in case the company falls (although they have made promises it won't and told employee's not to worry) How can I not?

Because of all the stress and money issues we've had recently we don't have much for the baby yet. But people are telling me not to worry, just wait for the baby shower.

I've also gained 45lbs the entire pregnancy. With 5 weeks left I'm hoping I don't gain too much more, but, with all this going on I don't know. * Part of this I think may be weight from recent weight loss coming pack. Jan-June of last year my husband was gone for the National Guard. I lost approx 20lbs. I was 150 when he left, and 130 when he returned. I kept the weight off until I got pregnant. I was 130 PP, and now weight 173-4.

I guess, I'm just tired and stressed out. I wish I could just fall asleep and wake-up when it's over. I would rather stress about the baby than everything else, but I just can't seem to help it.

Any advice or ideas about what I could do to find some stress relief and relax in the next few weeks before baby arrives?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (11-15):
KLittleton
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Thank you! Hoping things get better soon myself :)

Quoting Devious103102:

(((hugs))) I'm sorry to hear things have been so hectic, it seems to be the way things work =0(  Hopefully things will ease up, with everything, and you can enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I didn't mean to sound so harsh. It's just that I'd rather not sugar coat, kwim? Sometimes we all need a good kick in the butt. :)

I didn't have trouble after my son, but I really struggled to lose weight after my daughter was born. She was born in December so the weather was not the best for outdoor activities for a few months. This baby will be born in September so I'm really hoping to be able to take advantage of the fall weather! I know it sucks right now, but if you can walk (even if it's at the store for 30-45mins a few times a week) it will really help some of the pelvic pain. I had sciatica and SPD with my second pregnancy as well as a pregnancy-induced heart condition that made my life difficult, but light exercise helps!

Hang in there! :)

Quoting KLittleton:

Thank you :) you are definitely right!
Did you have any problems getting the weight off after baby was born?

I want to be more active soon as he is here. I've already decided I'm going to talk him on walks daily as long as weather permits. (push him in the stroller). I'm just so tired right now I feel like in dragging myself to get out of bed lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

I gained 60lbs each time. No matter how much you diet, you're going to gain whatever your body needs to gain. Don't worry about it. 

As far as baby things.. the only things you NEED are a car seat, clothes, and diapers. That's it. You have breasts and you have a bed to share with the baby. :) It's all going to be just fine!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
KLittleton
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM
You did not sound harsh at all not to me at least lol. I walk as much as I can when I work tues, thurs and Friday. On the days of my drs appointment (like today) I try to go to a store to look around/walk. And when we go grocery shopping my husban makes me push the cart lol!

This is our first so I have no idea how my body will react afterward hopefully just fine since before pregnancy I was pretty active. I had to keep up with my husband and he is national guard so he is always ready to go. :)

Quoting Pandapanda:

I didn't mean to sound so harsh. It's just that I'd rather not sugar coat, kwim? Sometimes we all need a good kick in the butt. :)

I didn't have trouble after my son, but I really struggled to lose weight after my daughter was born. She was born in December so the weather was not the best for outdoor activities for a few months. This baby will be born in September so I'm really hoping to be able to take advantage of the fall weather! I know it sucks right now, but if you can walk (even if it's at the store for 30-45mins a few times a week) it will really help some of the pelvic pain. I had sciatica and SPD with my second pregnancy as well as a pregnancy-induced heart condition that made my life difficult, but light exercise helps!

Hang in there! :)

Quoting KLittleton:

Thank you :) you are definitely right!

Did you have any problems getting the weight off after baby was born?

I want to be more active soon as he is here. I've already decided I'm going to talk him on walks daily as long as weather permits. (push him in the stroller). I'm just so tired right now I feel like in dragging myself to get out of bed lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

I gained 60lbs each time. No matter how much you diet, you're going to gain whatever your body needs to gain. Don't worry about it. 

As far as baby things.. the only things you NEED are a car seat, clothes, and diapers. That's it. You have breasts and you have a bed to share with the baby. :) It's all going to be just fine!

Xanbuttsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I was anxious about L&D too. There really isn't anything I can tell you. Its just something you will have to experience lol. What I can say is the second they pit your little angel in your arms you will have no choice but to put all of the focus on him. The moment you become a mother is one of the most amazing :).

Im a HUGE worry wart to I drive my DF crazy because im always stresses out by everything. Its just part of being a woman I guess lol.

I hope you are able to relax soon :)

Quoting KLittleton:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Im sorry things are so rough on you right now. I swear when it rains it pours.

Like pp said babies are not as expensive as people make them out to be. Yes waiting for the baby shower will take tons of stress off of you. I didn't go shopping for baby till after mine. Once the shower had come and gone I realized I had gotten so much more than I needed. It worked out. My pregnancy with ds was really hard on me emotionally as well so I can sympathize with ya.

Pregnancy heightens everything even emotion. It makes stress so much worse. I do feel like when baby is born and your hormones level back out you will be able to breathe easier. Im sure the unknown really adds to the stress, bit I promise when that baby comes everything will fall into place perfectly. I know that sounds crazy I thought the same when my friend told me that. Its true though.

To relax take warm baths. Get some exercise. Meditate. Just sit alone and talk to your baby. Cry it out while you talk to him. Its ok and a good cry is good for anyone. Put up your feet and watch a good movie. That hour and a half or two hrs will get your mind off of things. Sleep in one day. Just ridiculously late, put your phone on silent and call it a night.

I hope you feel better and ill say a prayer for your mama.

Oh I definately feel like if my hormones were back to normal I could relax some more as well. I also think I've reached the stage where I'm worried about L&D, but we'll get there when it happens I suppose. My husband doesn't worry about anything. Which drives me nuts, he always says "It'll be ok." Which irritates me sometimes, but all in all it is probably a good thing. I'm hoping when he arrives things do fall into place and the focus will be on him, not everything around me that stresses me out, but we'll see. I can be a bit of a worrier. I cry sometimes, but surprisingly not as often now that I'm pregnant than I did before hand. Weird I know.

BethanyCO6777
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I know it all seems overwelming now, but it will work out! My husband and I both were laid off 6 weeks after our first baby came. I thought it was the worst thing to ever happen to anyone, and we did end up losing our house. But, I got to stay home with my baby for 8 months, something I never wuold have gotten to do otherwise, and the house we lost was far too small, and we would not have been able to stay in it anyway, now that we are having our second. And we were so far upside down on the mortgage, we would have had to live there forever. So it was a blessing in disguise.

Try and be calm, and just know that everything will work out. Your having a baby, a little miracle will be in your arms very soon! It might be tough, but they make it all worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured