Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ina may gaskin

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 19 Replies
Has anyone seen More Business of Being Born? It has a nice in depth interview with her and her team. It's great. It's on netflix.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I haven't seen it, yet.

aprilelayne
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM

heard of it, havent seen yet. i'de like too.

pregnancy
sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I have not seen it, but interesting to know she's in there! I'll have to check it out. I love her as an author so it'd be interesting to hear her and read body language and such :-)

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Yes I have seen both of them. :)

jamie93
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I saw the first one on netflix and bought the 2nd one. I used to live in Five Points Tn about 45 minutes away from Summertown Tn where The Farm is located. We just recently moved about 300 miles south :( If we hadn't moved I'd be having this baby at The Farm. My parents and I used to go there when I was little. They were buddy buddy with a lot of people up there, so they always got invited to the festivals. It was really fun as a kid. They are so free and open minded. I wish I lived on The Farm.

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

you should watch it

Im not huge into documentaries and feel that they are often one sided but I was really impressed with this documentary and the original (the business of being born)

Quoting Pandapanda:

I haven't seen it, yet.

CafeMom Tickers

KristinaRusso
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Ill have to look. Never heard of it. lol

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:44 PM

It's so amazing that she had taken a vow of poverty and they all just lived together and developed their practice. I learned so much, like I didn't know there was other ways to induce labor other than pitocin.

Quoting jamie93:

I saw the first one on netflix and bought the 2nd one. I used to live in Five Points Tn about 45 minutes away from Summertown Tn where The Farm is located. We just recently moved about 300 miles south :( If we hadn't moved I'd be having this baby at The Farm. My parents and I used to go there when I was little. They were buddy buddy with a lot of people up there, so they always got invited to the festivals. It was really fun as a kid. They are so free and open minded. I wish I lived on The Farm.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM

You are right, it isn't one sided at all just educational. I watched Pregnant in America like someone in here suggested and it annoyed me. They were extremely one sided and the guy narrating it was just a pill.

Quoting sparklebug86:

you should watch it

Im not huge into documentaries and feel that they are often one sided but I was really impressed with this documentary and the original (the business of being born)

Quoting Pandapanda:

I haven't seen it, yet.

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM

hmm havent seen that one yet

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

You are right, it isn't one sided at all just educational. I watched Pregnant in America like someone in here suggested and it annoyed me. They were extremely one sided and the guy narrating it was just a pill.

Quoting sparklebug86:

you should watch it

Quoting Pandapanda:

I haven't seen it, yet.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured