Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When to spend

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm 20 weeks right now, and haven't really bought much for the baby. I've had people give me clothes and stuff, and I've picked up some clothes myself but that's it. Everyone keeps saying they're surprised I don't have more stuff by now. I thought it was still early....

So question, when did you/will you start buying things like swings, crib, nursery things etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

The only thing you really need is a car seat, a diaper stash, and clothes. The rest is just optional. 

ItsJustKell
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM

You're fine.  I started acquiring items from around 20 weeks on. There are so many things that you get that you soon realize you don't need right then.  Start stocking up on diapers and wipes.  You'll go through them at amazing speed. 

ShutterFreak03
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
No, I didnt buy stuff til I was 36 weeeks :) nd yea you dont need alot, a crib or,playpen. Clothes,diapers,botttles(if your gonna ff) and carseat.
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Well with my first the only thing I bought early was clothes and diapers. Nothing else came until a week before my due date lol
A-WAHL
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I will start buying once I find out the gender :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I started buying at around 30 weeks. I did get a few things earlier that was in sale.
Spring.Mom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Every time I buy something my mom and friends get upset and say "If you keep buying stuff we will run out of stuff to get you" So I'm going to put it off for now, at least until closer to my due date. Till then I will just indulge with my registries. :)

queenb87
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'm 11 weeks and already bought crib, 4 outfits, and a swing. But I always start early.
SFsupermommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I did not buy that much early on either. We dont know the sex so are waiting on a lot of the non newborn essential stuff until after the birth and we also wanted to wain on a lot until after the baby shower. Im 36 weeks 5 days now. I started looking at a lot of stuff early though :) and trying to figure out what we wanted.

heathermarie23
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I always just look for what I want and wait for it to go on sale, or for a coupon.  If it comes down to crunch time (39wks) I'll just go get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)