Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how soon after you lost your bloody show did you go into labor?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 16 Replies
i lost mine about 2 hrs ago and ive had a few good contractions but they're very irregular...could labor be soon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jewmaw13
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM
bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM

With DD2 I had mine then about 18hrs of sporadic contractions then went in to get checked and still no change so the doc broke my water and she was born 6hrs later. 

alliesaurus
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I lost mine 2 weeks before I went into labor. While it's a good sign, it could be weeks, days, or hours...no one knows. It's not really a conclusive thing like water breaking.

jendigme
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
3 weeks later when they induced me, lol GL! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Mucus Plug or Blood show. They are two different things. Bloody show happened during labor. Mucus Plug 4-7 days prior to delivery with each!

alexsmommy51405
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

yes, once you lose the bloody show it usually comes less than a day after. i don't know about irregular contractions. with my first baby i got the bloody show and my water broke about 4 hours later.

alexsmommy51405
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Quoting NoraDun:

Mucus Plug or Blood show. They are two different things. Bloody show happened during labor. Mucus Plug 4-7 days prior to delivery with each!

im sure TMI but mucus plug, is that like a yellowish thick discharge? i had that about 4 days ago.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Yeap thats would be it HAHA. Your body loses that as you start to thin and dialate 1-3 cm. And your body constantly reproduces it. So some women can lose it week prior to labor, others it will be right before. Normally from my experience and research bloody show occurs also due to dilation but that is normally farther into labor 3 cm-10cm!! And is a good sign delivery will happen in 24 hrs or so!

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Quoting NoraDun:

im sure TMI but mucus plug, is that like a yellowish thick discharge? i had that about 4 days ago.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I had my mucus plug with some blood for 5 weeks with my third.

Aandie
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Mucous plug, 27 hours before I gave birth
bloody show, 11 hours before I gave birth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)