Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need some sciatica relief ideas, also another question!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so I am 34 weeks pregnant, and sciatica has gotten bad! Some days I cant even get out of bed, it takes a good 20 minutes. If I move the wrong way, I end up in excrutiating pain, and it just sucks rocks :P lol. I have a 19 month old to chase after!

I have been doing prenatal yoga, and I wear a maternity support belt. My insurace doesnt cover any kind of chiropracter that can do prenatal work.... what else can I do to get some relief?

Also, another question! My baby girl is very high up in my ribs (well, her feet and butt are, she is head down) I am getting this intense pain at the top of my stomach, right in the center in between my two rib cages, I am presuming from all the muscles being stretched? Is there anything I can do to get her to drop some, or to get some relief from that pain as well?

Thanks so much!!

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kilahchaos
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM

bump

blue_elephant
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Tylenol?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM

chiropractor!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I would pay out of pocket for a chiropracter personally. I mean it is THAT worth it!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM

It may be worth paying out of pocket for feeling normal again--

Can you get a personal referral for a chiro, maybe?
Or ask about sliding-scale fees.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Quoting NoraDun:

I would pay out of pocket for a chiropracter personally. I mean it is THAT worth it!

lol

I hadn't read the comments before I replied, it's funny I said nearly the same thing!!
:-D

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHA!! Great advice! My Chiropracter was my saving grace, Its always something I suggest. Unfortunately not many people take the advice. Wish more would, I think statistically it would cut back dramatically on discomfort during pregnancy and labor length and discomfort as well. Chiropracters are AWESOME Haha!

Quoting doulala:

Quoting NoraDun:

lol

I hadn't read the comments before I replied, it's funny I said nearly the same thing!!
:-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)