Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bicornuate uterus + twins

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone here ever had experience with a bicornuate uterus?

My friend is 24 weeks with a bicornuate uterus and twins.  Her high risk doctors have told her inevitably she will go into preterm labor.  I'm curious to hear other womens stories with a BU.

As a mom of a 1lb 14oz premature son, my heart aches for her and I am so scared for what she will have to go through.  She has been experiencing sharp lower pains but her doctor keeps telling her that it doesn't sound like contractions.  She has layed down and drank water for at least an hour and is still in pain and isn't sure what to do....

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AmericanChild82
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

If she is still in pain then she really needs to be checked. A gf of mine had it and found out when she was pregnant with twins and almost lost one of them.

SFsupermommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

My aunt actually had a bicornuate uterus. She had 2 kids 6 years apart and the first was born at 33 weeks and the second at 34 so neither too early. She was on bed rest early on and she actually said she got a lot more pains than most so maybe that has to do with the shape? Im not too sure but hopefully her doctor knows how to handle it. Good luck to her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)