Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
The midwives are such liars, saying morning sickness ends with the 1st semester. Now not only am i in my second trimester with morning sickness, now i have terrible heart burn too. I'm so miserable its not even funny. Help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Replies (11-17):
brightstar28
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I was taking Zofran for mine.  It's the only thing that helped.  And for the heartburn, pepcid.  I'm in my third trimester, and the morning sickness is now back :(  It's awful.

CafeMom Tickers
Tiff_R_92
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM
What's hg?

Quoting MariaGentle:

When I was at the ER for dehydration, both the doctor and the nurse said it should be over by 12 weeks. Right. Since then, I have been diagnosed with HG and my OB said not to expect it to lighten up until at least 17 weeks. Of course, HG works differently from regular morning sickness.

MariaGentle
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Hyperemesis Gravidarum
Definition
Hyperemesis gravidarum means excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
Description
In pregnant women, nausea and vomiting (morning sickness) are common, affecting up to 80% of pregnancies. Hyperemesis, or extreme nausea and excessive vomiting, occur in about 1% of pregnancies. This condition causes uncontrollable vomiting, severe dehydration, and weight loss for the mother. However, hyperemesis gravidarum rarely causes problems for the unborn baby.

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

What's hg?

Quoting MariaGentle:

When I was at the ER for dehydration, both the doctor and the nurse said it should be over by 12 weeks. Right. Since then, I have been diagnosed with HG and my OB said not to expect it to lighten up until at least 17 weeks. Of course, HG works differently from regular morning sickness.

Tiff_R_92
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Oh that sounds incredibly miserable.

Quoting MariaGentle:

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Definition

Description

In pregnant women, nausea and vomiting (morning sickness) are common, affecting up to 80% of pregnancies. Hyperemesis, or extreme nausea and excessive vomiting, occur in about 1% of pregnancies. This condition causes uncontrollable vomiting, severe dehydration, and weight loss for the mother. However, hyperemesis gravidarum rarely causes problems for the unborn baby.

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

What's hg?

Quoting MariaGentle:

MariaGentle
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM
It is.

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

Oh that sounds incredibly miserable.

Quoting MariaGentle:

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Definition

Description

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

What's hg?

Quoting MariaGentle:

BethanyCO6777
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I had horrible morning sickness with my first baby, lost 17 pounds and couldnt even keep down water. They ended up putting me on Zofran and I took it my entire pregnancy. Saved my life, Im totlayy convinced. Will make you super constipated, so take a stool softner, but it WORKS. (not the genaric though, its not the same and dosnt work as well)

I am 8 weeks into my second pregancy and having the same issues. My stupid doc wouldnt listen to me and gave me two other drugs to try, neither has touched the nausea. Im waiting on the confirmation of my RX for Zofran right now, after I called and pitched a fit. Seriously, if my doc still wont give me the rx for it, after I threw up WATER this morning and have lost 5 lbs this week, Im finding a new doctor! Ugh...

Tiff_R_92
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Well that might be my problem. My midwife prescribed Zofran, but the pharmacy gave me the generic. It just doesn't seem like it works well.

Quoting BethanyCO6777:

I had horrible morning sickness with my first baby, lost 17 pounds and couldnt even keep down water. They ended up putting me on Zofran and I took it my entire pregnancy. Saved my life, Im totlayy convinced. Will make you super constipated, so take a stool softner, but it WORKS. (not the genaric though, its not the same and dosnt work as well)

I am 8 weeks into my second pregancy and having the same issues. My stupid doc wouldnt listen to me and gave me two other drugs to try, neither has touched the nausea. Im waiting on the confirmation of my RX for Zofran right now, after I called and pitched a fit. Seriously, if my doc still wont give me the rx for it, after I threw up WATER this morning and have lost 5 lbs this week, Im finding a new doctor! Ugh...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN