Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can someone help. I'm scared and don't want to go threw that again..

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM
  • 17 Replies

Where to start? I was pregnant a few months ago..I was 8 weeks and a few days. I had told my boyfriend if a year and a half that I was pregnant.. He had a melt down. He had a gun up to his head and he had cut his wrists. So for him I got an abortion. It killed me. Yes, I know it's wrong and what not but I had to do it. I made him sit there with me while i was getting it done. it was very tramatic on both parts. His sister had told me he told her he regreted me getting the abortion.  Recently I found out I was pregnant again..I haven't had my period since December 10. I think im about 7 weeks? I don't know what to do or what to think. I still haven't told my boyfriend yet because I'm scared for him and me. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:00 AM
5 moms liked this
Why didn't you get on birth control? Your boyfriend sounds very unstable and I'd reconsider starting a family with him if that's how he acts when you tell him you're pregnant. The first pregnancy is so fresh I don't think you'll get a different reaction this time. I just don't understand why you would allow another pregnancy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't sacrifice my childs life for some guy. If the guy wants to be immature and try committing suicide over a child then I would let him. Nothing would make me get an abortion. Ditch the guy, hes obviously not right in the head. He needs to go get help.
sunshine3734
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:33 AM

I was using birth control. Sure there was a day or two I forgot but I took plan B. Not like I was like "HEY! Lets get pregnant again"

Mamasgirl524
    by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    4 moms liked this
    No need to be a smart ass. Weeks after an abortion I think I'd be extra careful. Just sayin.
    katelynsmommy30
    by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    3 moms liked this
    Talk to him, but before you bring up the fact that your pregnant, it highly seems as if he needs help. That is a very unstable reaction to a pregnancy, bein upset, scared, running away from it etc are all reactions that you could get through. But to be forced an abortion because he was going to kill himself is NOT a stable reaction. Truly, think about it. Decide now if YOU are keeping this baby, your body, your baby, your choice. It takes two to make a baby. He either gets help, or you need to walk away till he does get help or decides what he wants.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Mrsfarr
    by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    2 moms liked this
    This is a pretty intense situation. I don't know if I'd be comfortable breaking the news to him again. He definitely needs some form of help or counseling. Something. But you should tell him. Keeping it a secret and dealing with it later will be far worse than letting it out now.
    When you do tell him, suggest that he doesn't have to be in the child's life if he doesn't want to or to wait until baby is born and decide together what your options are. Whether you keep the baby and start a family or adopt it out.

Good luck, sweetie!
    katelynsmommy30
    by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    2 moms liked this
    To add one more thing, my heart actually hurt for you reading your story. Doesn't happen very often, but I can honestly say I could never imagine that happening to me. You need to think about yourself and the baby growing inside of you. Do what YOU want to do. A SO should never make their partner feel guilty enough by literally calling suicide. I'm sorry your going through this.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Amycapl
    by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    1 mom liked this

this is not a man that you should start a family with. this is not a man you should even BE with.  he needs help, for reals.  normal people don't threaten suicide upon hearing they're going to be a parent.  how old are you?  do you have any other support systems? mom? sister? friends??  first and foremost, this guy needs a therapist.

lillucky8
    by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    Oh my. I would safe for your safety id break away from.the bf and start over on your own. It doesnt sound like a very safe place to be.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    sunshine3734
    by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I'm 20..I will be 21 very soon though. The only person I really have is my dad and my stepmom (who hates me). I do know he needs help. I didn't ever think he was that bad until my last pregnancy. It is definattly scary and if I do have this child I don't know if I want him to be around that. 

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)