Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i guess my mom was right

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

i told my mom about doing the ring test and the results i got and she was some what rude about it. she said im just looking for ways to tell me its a girl and im getting my hopes up for a girl and im gonna be disappointed if its a boy. i will admit i would love a little girl but if i get a boy it will be ok. yes ill be alittle sad but its all in God's hands. so from this day forward im done looking at baby clothes and doing the gender predictions and ill wait for our ultrasound a week from monday. in the mean time ill enjoy watching you ladies have fun and good luck. <3

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sissy852
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
that was mean. Of her to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goobersmom713
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

i agree but it also doesnt help she is dealing with medical issues with my little sister and hasnt been sleeping much and is stressed. I love my mom but when she is stressed its like a football player losing the playoff game

Quoting sissy852:

sissy852
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
i understand that. My dh has a lot of health issues and it is very stressful

Quoting goobersmom713:

i agree but it also doesnt help she is dealing with medical issues with my little sister and hasnt been sleeping much and is stressed. I love my mom but when she is stressed its like a football player losing the playoff game

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

there is nothin wrong in having some fun with it.

xLilBit22
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
She should be mean about. U were just having some fun. Ive done them. It was fun. My mom and grandma did a ring test on me when i was little it said girl, i did it and it said girl. I have an official gender u/s in 2wks but ob told me girl when he gave me a quick u/s
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MariaGentle
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I keep flip flopping on what I want to have. Everything is point to having a little girl, so I will probably have a boy. Lol
tanper29
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
It doesnt sound like she was mean at all. Harsh definately. Sounds like she doesnt want u to be overly upset if u dont get what ur hoping for. I'll admit i was a bit sad when i found out this baby was a girl. I was hoping for a boy. To be honest i think i wouldve been more upset had i done the gender perdiction test and kept getting boy only to find out girl. Dont get me wrong im very happy to be having a girl. And i know those test r just for fun but still it gets ur hopes up. Ur mom couldve been nicer but i dont think she was mean. Doesnt sound like she was trying to upset u just protect u from disappointment.
victoriahearts
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I didn't find out with my first child and I'm not planning on finding out this time either.  Gender has never really factored in for me, I don't know but just never cared to find out. I wish the best of luck in your next ultrasound and hope that your baby helps out the tech so you can find out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)