I know this can be a touchy topic on here, so I am going to tread lightly. I'd just like some advise from those who have been through this and have had good/bad experiences with both so that I can make an informed decision.
My first, I was in labor for 27 hours, pushed for 4 hours only to find that he was face up, and had not moved at all. We tried to flip him and it just wasn't working, his heart rate dropped, so we did a c-section. Not what I had planned, but I do feel that my doctor did everything she could to avoid it.
After my surgery, my incision got really infected (gross, I know) and it was way worse than any of the labor/surgery I went through... obviously not something I want to experience again!
So I am 21 weeks along, my doctor is on board if I want to to a VBAC but obviously gave me the risks involved.
I can't decide, my husband, while being supportive of MY decision, would rather me not take the risks of a uterine rupture and do another c-section. He said he would cancel his patients for a week or two until I recover to help out more, he is just afraid of the worse case scenario. I on the other hand, have a friend who was in a similar situation and did a VBAC and was so happy she did, had a great experience and is planning on it with her next. I'm torn!
As bad as it sounds, I don't want a c-section scar and a scar down below! A lot of my family is out of town, so a scheduled c-section would make it easy on them to come visit when the baby comes...
I feel like I need to make a decision, and everyone is being really supportive, but I just am not sure! Have any of you been in this situation before? If you did the second C-section, was it easier to recover than the first?