Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is she flipping??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm sure my posts are getting annoying, and for that I apologize. I've posted before about our baby girl being breech. At my appointment yesterday she was still breech and my OB scheduled an ultrasound for Tuesday morning and we scheduled my csection for March 5th (YAY!!)

Today I've been having pain. It's hard to explain. It feels like baby girl is squeezing herself down into my pelvic area (I don't know if that makes sense). Yesterday her head was right under my ribs on the right side. Today, her head is lower and more towards the middle of my belly. I've heard it hurts like hell when the baby flips an I'm just wondering if this could be her flipping. I've never been through this with my other pregnancies. Does this sound like a flip? Lol. Again, I'm not sure this makes sense, so please forgive me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Sounds like she probably is flipping. Good luck!

MeghanPerez
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
False alarm.

She may have been trying to flip, but then she changed her mind. Although she started up again late last night so I'm hoping she might accomplish her somersault today. =]

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Do you want her to flip?
 Are
you actively working on it?  Is the ultrasound for positioning?  (another option is  that you can have palpation to avoid exposure)     Belly mapping can help to figure it out, worth a try.   ;-)
If baby is vertex will you deliver vaginally?

Quoting MeghanPerez:

False alarm.

She may have been trying to flip, but then she changed her mind. Although she started up again late last night so I'm hoping she might accomplish her somersault today. =]

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

CABZS
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Why is your OB not trying to flip her before just choosing a c section?

My kids flipped early so IDK really know what it would feel like. I had a lot of pelvic pressure from early on, maybe that is why.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You might want to check out positions to help her turn and try them out when it feels like she is trying. Of course I say that but I'm having a brain fart so can't remember what you should try.

Quoting MeghanPerez:

False alarm.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

You might want to check out positions to help her turn and try them out when it feels like she is trying. Of course I say that but I'm having a brain fart so can't remember what you should try.

Here is a link to a website that covers everything!
;-)

Spinning Babies Home

MeghanPerez
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM
My OB was going to do an EV at 39 weeks, but I opted to just schedule a csection. There were just too many risks with the EV.

Quoting CABZS:

Why is your OB not trying to flip her before just choosing a c section?

My kids flipped early so IDK really know what it would feel like. I had a lot of pelvic pressure from early on, maybe that is why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I've been doing the positions on spinningbabies.com a few times a day. She's being stubborn still.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting MeghanPerez:

False alarm.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM
She could be trying to turn. I know when when two of my babies flipped, it felt so weird. It was a giant movement, then after that I felt like I was walking around with a bowling ball between my legs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured