Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

OMG-That's rude

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 30 Replies

What are some things that people say to you, that make you want to say-OMG, that's rude?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamainluv

How many are you carrying in there?

mamainluv

Are you going to pop soon?

mamainluv

You do know how that happens right?

mamainluv

How many kids are you going to have?

mamainluv
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Does your husband just look at you and knock you up?

mamainluv
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

You're not breastfeeding this one are you?

Becka8707
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I had my former (for this reason) boss toss a rubber band on my desk and say "I thought you could use a rubber." within a week of finding out about my pregnancy.

He then went on using me as an example to his some of his clients taking my words out of context and suggesting I will be "paying for the rest of my life for a few minutes of pleasure."

(he had commented to me that pregnancy only changes your life for 9 months and I told him it actually changes everything for aminimum of 19 years, but in reality for a lifetime.  Mind you I was very excited about the surprise of this baby)

kimmie3577
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

well when i was pregnant with my first i went to the market and i was talking with my husband and she goes your pregnant and i said yeah she said well you do know all the extra weight your carrying is not good nor healthy i laughed because she was smoking and she was pregnant so i told her well i think my being over weight is way better than polluting not only your lungs but your babies lungs....

jewmaw13
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM
you're getting your tubes tied after this one right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I couldn't breastfeed my last baby. My friend always goes on and on about how horrible formula is and how she would NEVER (even if she couldn't breastfeed) use formula. I agree, formula isn't great, but it's rude of her to constantly throw it in my face like that.

Or during both of my pregnancies when EVERYONE would comment on how huge I was. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)