Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My first pregnancy and worried...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

I found out I was pregnant by a home pregnancy test 2 weeks ago. My last normal period was around christmas. I went to my OBGYN and had HCG levels done thursday 1/31 and it came back 406, rechecked HCG level Wednesday 2/6 and it came back in the 600s. The doctor mentioned a possible early miscarriage, because the levels did not double as they would expect.  I have been spotting for 2 weeks. No cramping, pain. Tender breast and nausea for a few days last week. Today I went for an ultrasound and they only saw a gestational sac measuring 5 weeks 1 day, no fetal pole or fetus. The spotting has stopped as of today. I am really upset and worried because I dont know if this is normal or miscarriage....any help?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I don't have any advice, but here's a bump for you!  I hope all is okay!

Oregongirl40
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

failure of levels rising adequately is usually indication of impending m/c. I've had many myself.

How far along are you suppose to be because it is common to only see a sac and no fetal pole at 5 weeks. so that in itself isn't a concern unless you know for a fact that you are further along then that.

Sorry there is really no help all you can do is try to relax and stay positive. Time will tell. Praying for you and your little one!

blue_elephant
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
All you can do is wait, did you wait a full 2 days before getting your levels rechecked?

OK just reread, sounds like it may be a miscarriage, or its possible you had what is known as a vanishing twin and that is why your levels didn't rise adequately, seeing a sac is good. Good luck and hopefully it all ends up well for you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

By LMP how far along would you be?

With my daughter, I was supposed to be 8 weeks when I had an ultrasound. We saw an empty sac that measured 5w6d. Nothing else, no yolk no fetal pole. 

Went back two weeks later and saw/heard the heartbeat. She's 14 months old now.

Don't give up!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
-mamas-
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Curious- when did you end up having her? Was she 2 weeks later than your original due date?

Quoting Pandapanda:

With my daughter, I was supposed to be 8 weeks when I had an ultrasound. We saw an empty sac that measured 5w6d. Nothing else, no yolk no fetal pole. 

Don't give up!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My original due date was December 1st with her, my edd was changed to the 7th of December. She was born Dec 2nd at 39w2d. :) 

Quoting -mamas-:

Curious- when did you end up having her? Was she 2 weeks later than your original due date?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Don't give up!

-mamas-
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Thanks! I was wondering because the same thing happened to me but it was off by only a week. I'm hoping he comes closer to my original due date though.

Quoting Pandapanda:

My original due date was December 1st with her, my edd was changed to the 7th of December. She was born Dec 2nd at 39w2d. :) 

Quoting -mamas-:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Don't give up!

ccoyle4
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I was 5 weeks today. I started spotting red this evening. This will be my second mc in 3 months.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm sorry. That's so heartbreaking. *hugs* 

Are you a member of the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group? 

Quoting ccoyle4:

I was 5 weeks today. I started spotting red this evening. This will be my second mc in 3 months.

ccoyle4
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM

yes.  I joined back in december when I had my first.

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm sorry. That's so heartbreaking. *hugs* 

Are you a member of the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group? 

Quoting ccoyle4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN