Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't get any sleep lately

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am so tired all the time, but I can't get enough sleep. I am up 4 or 5 times a night in the bathroom, and when I get back to bed I can't find a comfortable position to sleep. I try to take naps in the day time, but my 5 year old keeps waking me up, wanting to play. Is there a way to get any sleep, or am I just going to deal with it?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

How far along are you?  The last couple months were totally exhausting for me for those same reasons.

Rachael982
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I'm only 9 and a half weeks. But I still have morning sickness and can't find a position that doesn't make me want to throw up!

soaringflutes
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The further along I get, the more I wake up at night.  I am up in the bathroom nearly every hour of every night now.  I've given up on feeling rested anymore. 

mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL been there don't that..still doing that! my 20 month old was up at 11:30 last night, and the last time I looked at my phone was 2:30 am and he was barely starting to settle down only to be back up for good at 6:45 am (with hardly any nap). I hope tonight goes better, but I don't see that happening since he's still rarin' to go. my 4 year old will constantly wake me up when I try to nap just to tell me that she and her babies are going shopping. ugh. I love my kids, but I think I might find a padded room if I don't get sleep soon! LOL I'm 19 weeks (roughly) and my tiredness hasn't gotten any better. it's probably a no no but I've had to drink one of those crystal light energy things every now and then just to make it through. I know it gets better, but it needs to be now! sorry you're going through it..hope you get rest soon.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure.. it gets to be so frustrating and exhausting, though. 

Astrachanca
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It continues throughout the entire pregnancy! Best advice is to just nap as often as possible. You can also try taking Benadryl before bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had insomnia for weeks. My ds stays up late too. I've had to just deal with it. Figured I'll be prepped for when dd comes.

For morning sickness try B-Pops (or pop drops). They really helped my nausea. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured