Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering if I should be a little concerned...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday morning. The doctor checked baby girl's heartrate and said it was 133bpm. Majority of my pregnancy her heartrate was always around 147-148bpm and this just makes me a little nervous its that low. When I was pregnant w/ my son, his was always consistent in the 150s throughout the entire pregnancy. So this is a little new to me. 

The doctor didn't say anything about it being that low but then again Im not sure they keep track of baby's heartrate. A few of my fellow mommy friends say that her heartrate is in normal range. Idk why I didnt think to ask the doctor. She moves frequently which I know is good signs. Just curious if this is just normal.

I have had 2 back to back miscarriages prior (both first trimester losses)  to this pregnancy and Im still very much nervous about losing her even tho Ive surpassed my losses. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I had the same thing. It was just her rest heart rate. Normally, she was a very active baby but near the end, she slept more and it kept her heart slower. As long as baby is moving normally, don't worry too much about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

my baby girls hr was running between mid 140s and mid 150s  at one of my appointments it was much lower at 137 and I asked the DR and he said it was normal that that heart rate varies throughout the day and depending on babies activity. It can also lower as you get further along. 

130s is still perfectly normal so I wouldn't worry about it but for piece of mind ask about it at your next appointment~

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

That's in the normal range. She could have been sleeping or resting, she could have been in a position where there's more/less fluid between her and the uterine wall, and it's normal for their hearts to go down off and on at the end when you have BH contractions and when their lungs practice breathing. :) 

mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
120 and above is normal!
KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Sounds fine momma, my first dd's dropped to 115-120 while I was I'm labor and the doctors weren't thrilled with that but 130s is fine and she had been 130-140s previously and they were totally happy with that.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM

It is very common for the heartrate to get lower as pregnancy progresses. Nothing to worry about.

kelly617
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Nah..thats still right in the normal range

She was probably sleeping or just chillin out when they did the doppler
if she was movin around and kickin it would probably go up

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM

There heart rate will change as they are sleeping(slow), up(up more) and moving around(will be higher). Just like as we are during the day too.

My first was always in the 170's and second was in the 150's to 170's. My third was all over the place 130's-165.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
sounds normal. Dont stress hun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM

The heart rate drops at the end of pregnancy....its perfectly normal :). Nothing to worry about

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured