Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Car seat questions - Chicco vs. Graco vs. ???

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 20 Replies

So, I'm starting my baby registry and big item shopping also. I'm looking at car seats right now, checking out the ratings and reviews, and trying to decide on what to get.

Chicco Keyfit seems like a good one to get, but so does Graco Snugride. I'm pretty much torn between the two.

Any pros/cons from experience? I keep reading that the Graco one is heavy and bulky, but is that really the main experience with it?

Is there a different one you'd recommend?

Help! haha

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I have no experience with either of those. Favorite one I've used is my sister's Safety 1st Onboard 35. It's a little heavy and big, but not too bad at all for how long it lasts.
I had a huge baby and little 22 lb carrier. She outgrew it before 4 months. That sucked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

We'll be going straight to a Graco convertible seat. 

katie11908
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Ive owned both and after having a chicco i will never buy another brand of infant seat! It really is an awesome seat! Im getting another chicco for this baby once i find out the sex...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
prenatalRN
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I spent a lot of time over this debate too. I decided on the snug ride 40 (just came out). I just like it better and it goes up to 40 pounds (around 2 yrs old). Also around 35% of moms have the snug ride.

kjoarcik
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Was it pretty easy to use and not too heavy/bulky?

Quoting katie11908:

Ive owned both and after having a chicco i will never buy another brand of infant seat! It really is an awesome seat! Im getting another chicco for this baby once i find out the sex...

kjoarcik
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thanks! I didn't even see the 40 yet.

Quoting prenatalRN:

I spent a lot of time over this debate too. I decided on the snug ride 40 (just came out). I just like it better and it goes up to 40 pounds (around 2 yrs old). Also around 35% of moms have the snug ride.

katie11908
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Very easy and simple to use and adjust and install. Not heavy to me the babiesrus associate said it was the lightest infant seat

Quoting kjoarcik:

Was it pretty easy to use and not too heavy/bulky?

Quoting katie11908:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissRN
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a Chicco and I love it! It worked great for DS, clicks in easily, isnt too heavy or bulky and is easy to use with the stoller. We just got a Chicco double stroller to go along with it :) wouldn't choose any other brand. DS fit in it until 2 and he is a taller than average kid (95%). We now are using a Britax frontier 85 and that converts into a booster seat. It also doesn't expire for 9 years which is great. The Chicco expires after 6 I believe so we have about 3.5 years left on that one. DS has really liked both of his seats and found them very comfortable. 

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
We used chicco for 2&3 and we just bought another chicco for #4. Didn't even consider another brand.
NikkiL
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always used graco so I dont know about chicco. I just recently purchased a travel system, with a graco snugride 30. I have read great reviews about this car seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)