Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how far along am i?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 18 Replies
So. I just had an ultrasound. And my doctor said based on my LMP (which was 12.13.12) I'm 8 weeks 2 days. But baby is measuring at 7 weeks 2 days. She said that we will use the measurments to determine how far along I am. I don't get how that works. Shouldn't the measurements match up how far along I am based off my LMP?? Does anyone know how to explain this?? Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
that you didnt conceive when you think you did.. maybe you are only 7+2weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I had the exact same issue.  The drs think that my dates are off or the measurements are.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this

All it takes is your ovulating around cd 21 as opposed to cd 14 and your EDD would be a week off compared to your LMP. But I have seen women make up their own EDD and go with that, even if their measurements, or even their charts say differently. So if you wanted to use your LMP you could. But the Drs measured DD is more accurate. Hope that helps LOL

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

It is all just and estimate. Because there is really know way of knowing exactly when you conceived. Also baby's during pregnancy have grow spurts at different. Just remember everything is just and estimated due date. They sure love to confuse everyone though.

Mommytomuffin
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I know the exact date I conceived. Hubby and I did the deed when my most fertile day was in August of 2010 and we ended up pregnant. My son was born in May 2011 and he is almost 2 years old now :)

Quoting Raeann11:

It is all just and estimate. Because there is really know way of knowing exactly when you conceived. Also baby's during pregnancy have grow spurts at different. Just remember everything is just and estimated due date. They sure love to confuse everyone though.

CafeMom Tickers
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Congrats!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My second and third I could tell you it was around these dates. Because I know I ovulated and when we had sex. But to tell you when I exactly conceived I could not. There is no way of me totally know this. Since sperm can live up to 5 days and it could meet my egg early or meet it later. Just really no way of know exactly when it happens.  So that is why it is aways just and estimate.

Quoting Mommytomuffin:

I know the exact date I conceived. Hubby and I did the deed when my most fertile day was in August of 2010 and we ended up pregnant. My son was born in May 2011 and he is almost 2 years old now :)

Quoting Raeann11:

try4baby20
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
U/s before 10 weeks are the most accurate I'd go w what the dr says! Sperm can live up to 7 days b4 fertilizing the egg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytomuffin
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I agree but I know for a fact that hubby and I conceived August 22nd of 2010

Quoting Raeann11:

My second and third I could tell you it was around these dates. Because I know I ovulated and when we had sex. But to tell you when I exactly conceived I could not. There is no way of me totally know this. Since sperm can live up to 5 days and it could meet my egg early or meet it later. Just really no way of know exactly when it happens.  So that is why it is aways just and estimate.

Quoting Mommytomuffin:

Quoting Raeann11:

CafeMom Tickers
Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Doesn't matter really. I was measuring two weeks ahead with my son and I went into labor the day I turned 38 weeks which if he was measuring two weeks ahead would mean he was born measuring the same as an average 40 week-er. He was healthy, labor was great and I got out 2 weeks early with a beautiful baby. :) they won't let you go over too far. And if you can't stand it have your ob strip your membranes when it gets closer! It helped me stay away from induction! congrats though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)