Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i ask my dr???

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
OK so for some reason I think I'm further along then I am being told.. not only do I think it but my df does and so does one of my Co workers and my df's mom .. should I bring this up to my Dr? And tell him I think I'm further along then we think I am? I just have a feeling the dates maybe messed up. Had anyone ever thought this or just had a gut feeling? Idk what to think or do.. I'm '26w4d' today but think I'm around 29 or 30ish. When I first went to the drs I told them my 'last period' day and they said I was 15 weeks something days but I thought I was like 11-12 and they went off that. Grrrr what do I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Astrachanca
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I would just bring it up to your doctor. Did they do the anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks? Is your doctor measuring fundal height or anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Yes you should talk to your doctor about your dates and your concerns. 

Amycapl
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM

why do you think you're farther along?  i'm a bit confused about the last line of your post. they got the current (26-4) from you LMP?  Or you thought you were less far along and they took your word for it?  usually they do a "dating ultrasound" around 8-10 wks where they measure the baby and can tell *pretty* accurately how far along you are.  Have you had any Ultrasounds done?  

In my personal opinion, i'd always go with the date that allows baby to cook for as long as possilbe... once you hit that 39-40 wk mark, you're gonna start getting pushed into making medical decisions if things are "moving along."  

lillucky8
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I would def ask your doc. Have you had any ultrasounds? Usually the measurements help them determine where you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

you sound confused. you should talk to you dr. that's what they are there for.

I don't think a dr would set your due date based on you saying, "I think I am 11-12 weeks." I think they would only set it based on your LMP or an ultrasound.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)