Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many c sections are safe if you have a bicornate uterus?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
I just had my second c section, my third child. This time they told me about my uterus. Had no idea with the first two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

How did they not know about it?  I would figure they would have saw it during an ultrasound.  My good friend has a bicornate uterus, and she's pregnant with twins.  They said she might have to have a c-section, so I don't think it's any less safe than a c-section with a normal uterus, but I'm not sure about repeat c-sections... so here is a bump!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I have no idea, especially since they would have noticed during my first c section, and I had 3 u/s with this pregnancy.

Quoting MMerrill:

How did they not know about it?  I would figure they would have saw it during an ultrasound.  My good friend has a bicornate uterus, and she's pregnant with twins.  They said she might have to have a c-section, so I don't think it's any less safe than a c-section with a normal uterus, but I'm not sure about repeat c-sections... so here is a bump!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM

:(

Did you ever have preterm labor?

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I have no idea, especially since they would have noticed during my first c section, and I had 3 u/s with this pregnancy.

Quoting MMerrill:

wedding countdown

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM
At 5 months with #2, but ds1 was in the hospital at the time, so it was attributed to stress. I was due in January 28 that pregnancy, went into labor on the 9th, again a week later, was sent home both times for failure to progress, then was induced on my due date. That's when we found out he was breech.

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Quoting MMerrill:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Oh hmm, maybe that could have been from your uterus, because it can make you go into preterm labor.  They already gave my friend a tour of our NICU at like 20 weeks because they are expecting her to go so early with her bicornate uterus :(

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

At 5 months with #2, but ds1 was in the hospital at the time, so it was attributed to stress. I was due in January 28 that pregnancy, went into labor on the 9th, again a week later, was sent home both times for failure to progress, then was induced on my due date. That's when we found out he was breech.

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Quoting MMerrill:

wedding countdown

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I hope those babies are able to bake as long as they need to be healthy. Keep me posted on their progress.

Quoting MMerrill:

Oh hmm, maybe that could have been from your uterus, because it can make you go into preterm labor.  They already gave my friend a tour of our NICU at like 20 weeks because they are expecting her to go so early with her bicornate uterus :(

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Quoting MMerrill:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I know my heart breaks for her!  My son was born early, he weighed 1lb 14oz and spent 72 days in the NICU....so I know she's got a very long road ahead and the poor girl is scared out of her mind....so sad :(

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I hope those babies are able to bake as long as they need to be healthy. Keep me posted on their progress.

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Quoting MMerrill:

wedding countdown

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Send her my prayers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)