Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cruise while pregnant?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 18 Replies

Would you go on a cruise while pregnant? 

My DH said absolutely no way while I'm pregnant that he wants to stay on shore while pregnant. I'll be in my 2nd trimester when we go somewhere- about 20-24 weeks depending when we go. I would feel comfortable. Would you? Or would you stick to like myrtle beach (that's where we're planning on going if no cruise)

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

baby
 BabyFruit Ticker

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katie11908
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I would love to go on a cruise! If i had normal carefree pregnancies i would go! But im high risk and have to have weekly progesterone shot's and every two weeks up until about 27weeks i have to have cervical length checks. I have to have a cerclage as well so basically it would be out of the question for me :( But if i were you i would!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

No I would not go. I don't like to go far when I am pregnant in the first place. Even going 4 to 5 hours away from home. I don't like.

But you need to do you two are comfortable with.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM

If you have a normal healthy pregnancy so far and it was only a couple day cruise, I would go for it!  :O)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

shell3m
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM

if you aren't high risk and you feel ok, then I don't know why not.  :)

Aubs1990
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I would not go. I would be to paranoid that something might happen. Plus, you wouldnt beable to have a few drinks and their drinks are amazing.

mkmommy0406
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Yes I would! I was actually suppose to go on one next week, a 7day, all expense paid, but I'm 31 weeks today and my past two pregnancies I was high risk, so I was worried something would happen this time while we were gone so I opted out. But you're at the ideal time to go! One of my coworkers is also pregnant, about 13 weeks and she's going. There is a medical clinic on board and I would recommend paying the insurance to airlift you off if needed but otherwise enjoy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmommy09
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM
If you have a normal pregnancy I don't see any problems. We went on one when I was about 14 weeks along. I think the cut off for cruising while pregnant was 30 weeks. You'll have to get a form completed by your OB verifying how many weeks you are and that you are fit to sail which you will turn in when you check in for the cruise. The only issue I had was ordering a non-alcoholic drink and the bartender put alcohol in it. I was livid! But all turned out well. DD is a perfect, healthy almost 15 mo now. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I would, but I am driving 6 hrs to our beach house at 35-36 wks and people think that is odd. If you have no risk of preterm labor, and your pregnancy is going fine, there is absolutely no reason to to go on the cruise. And 20th week or so is a perfect time. You wont be overly huge, you will probably be feeling your best around then. I would absolutely do it!!!

FYI I am trying to decide about a boat trip while we are at our beach house as well. Last year we went out on a 1/2 day fishing trip (inshore) this year we had planned to go on a full day trip off shore. I mean I am not overly concerned about delivering where ever. ALTHOUGH I would feel really bad if I delivered half way through the day and everyone's day had to stop so we could go to shore LOL But honestly I am thinking at 35/36 wks I wont really feel like fighting a tuna in anyway HAHA. So maybe that wouldn't be a great idea. But a relaxing curise I would TOTALLY do!!!

marihla
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM

As long as it doesn't leave the country I'd go. Landing somewhere else without coverage would be helllllll.

marihla
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We went camping 4 hours away for a week while I was 37-38 weeks pregnant. Sleeping on the ground was soooo awesome for my pregnant back lol. Plus I did lots of hiking to try and get the labor going. No luck.

Quoting NoraDun:

I would, but I am driving 6 hrs to our beach house at 35-36 wks and people think that is odd. If you have no risk of preterm labor, and your pregnancy is going fine, there is absolutely no reason to to go on the cruise. And 20th week or so is a perfect time. You wont be overly huge, you will probably be feeling your best around then. I would absolutely do it!!!

FYI I am trying to decide about a boat trip while we are at our beach house as well. Last year we went out on a 1/2 day fishing trip (inshore) this year we had planned to go on a full day trip off shore. I mean I am not overly concerned about delivering where ever. ALTHOUGH I would feel really bad if I delivered half way through the day and everyone's day had to stop so we could go to shore LOL But honestly I am thinking at 35/36 wks I wont really feel like fighting a tuna in anyway HAHA. So maybe that wouldn't be a great idea. But a relaxing curise I would TOTALLY do!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN