Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I had a csection after 12 hours of labor. I dialated to 9 3/4 before having to have the csection so I pretty much went through full vaginal labor before having to have a csection. Now I am having a really hard time recovering. I am exhausted constantly and soooo sore from my belly button down to my incision. It has been 3 1/2 weeks since I gave birth to my daughter. Ive called the doctor and he says its normal. =( Does anyone have any experience with this? How did you cope? The pain is so bad it hurts to hold my daughter, Im on pain meds but Im pretty sure they have stopped working for me. =(

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
luckyme7
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I had pain for a month if I didn't take the meds.  Are you taking just ibuprofen or perkoset as well?

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM

hmm, ive never had one and am also curious why they let you dilate so long and then give you a c-section but with that aside, my only surgical experience is having a tooth pulled and 2 days later when I should have been eating solids, I was still vomitting from the pain. The dentist said nothing was wrong, everything looked good but he couldnt touch it because I would scream in pain! It turned out that my body was inflammed because of an auto immune disease. Im not saying you have one but if it doesnt get better, you may want to have some blood work done to get checked for inflammation. Just a thought!

Megan11587
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I think everyone has a different pain tolerance level. If the incision looks okay, I'm sure your fine. I didn't need anything more than Ibprofen (sp?). I left the hospital the next day and was on my feet from then on. I did get tired, but I'd rest and I'd be okay again. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon.

Jamie0121
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Im taking tylenol number 3 and ibuprofen every 6 hours. 

Quoting luckyme7:

I had pain for a month if I didn't take the meds.  Are you taking just ibuprofen or perkoset as well?

Jamie0121
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Id like to say I have a high pain tolerance. I did go all the way through labor without an epidural until they decided I had to have a csection. I think my body is just very tired and my baby girl cries a lot at night so I dont get a lot of sleep. So I dont think that is helping anything....Also my pain is not in my incision it is above it, between my belly button and my incision. 

Quoting Megan11587:

I think everyone has a different pain tolerance level. If the incision looks okay, I'm sure your fine. I didn't need anything more than Ibprofen (sp?). I left the hospital the next day and was on my feet from then on. I did get tired, but I'd rest and I'd be okay again. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon.

blueeyedpixie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I am 5 months pp. I get days once in a while of horrible pain, but its rare. It still does hurt though if it get pushed on or bumped... :-/ I hope you feel better soon...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I had 3 vaginal deliveries before my first c section. My son is 5 weeks old now. I dilates to 9.5 too, and had some complications . I was so mad because I went the whole way without any pain meds...anyway, the first week home was a little rough but it really did get better each day. I took percocet and motrin the 3rd day after my section and ky needed it until my 2nd day home. But around 3 weeks I started to feel much better. I pretty much feel back to normal now. Although I'm sure my midwife will yell at me for doing to much at my 6 week check up.. I would Make sure you ate getting up every once and a while and walking. It will help with recovery. Just don't over do it.
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM
My incision is numb and I have pain above it when its touched or my pants rub against it. Buy part of the area is numb. Its the Weirdest thing ..

Quoting Jamie0121:

Id like to say I have a high pain tolerance. I did go all the way through labor without an epidural until they decided I had to have a csection. I think my body is just very tired and my baby girl cries a lot at night so I dont get a lot of sleep. So I dont think that is helping anything....Also my pain is not in my incision it is above it, between my belly button and my incision. 

Quoting Megan11587:

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Quoting Jamie0121:

Tylenol 3 is a joke! I did a lot of.drugs in high school so I know lol. They need to give you something stronger!!! Call your doc and throw a fit. Many docs won't write that prescription unless you are specific. Ask a nurse friend what they would suggest and request it. Hell I got stronger meds than that for my fourth vaginal!
Jamie0121
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Well You sound like me going through the whole thing with no meds. And then having to have them. I was mad too and upset. I have a question are you or did you try to breastfeed? I did and it made my pain soooo much worse from holding her, and if her little feet accidently touched my sore area...ohhh it hurts so bad. I have since started pumping because I want her to get the breastmilk but just cant hold her for an hour at a time. Did you have any problems holding your baby? My baby girl will be 4 weeks old thursday so Ive been hoping the pain would get better, so far no luck really. =(

Quoting nikkifam5:

My incision is numb and I have pain above it when its touched or my pants rub against it. Buy part of the area is numb. Its the Weirdest thing ..

Quoting Jamie0121:

Quoting Megan11587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)