Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

cytotec induction

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have seen pluses and minus'. If you had this pill, what was your experience with it?

baby growth
 BabyFruit Ticker
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I had it with my dd. I went in that night & had it then woke up the next morning & my water broke on its own & she was born 4 hours later. It made my labor really fast but it also hyperstimulated my uterus which could have made dd's heartrate go down but thank god it didnt. My contractions were every 20-30 seconds lasting for nearly 2-3 minutes each time it was very painful lol. The doctor said that that's sometimes a side effect but doesn't alwAys happen. My doc wants to induce me at 38 weeks this time due to medical reasons I Wont go into but he doesn't use cytotec just pitocin (different doctor)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

NOOOOO!!!! The FDA specifically forbids the use of this product to induce labor!!!!! It is INCREDIBLY unsafe for this purpose!!!!

HERE is a link to the FDA site & the insert to the product (also forbidding the use)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Just don't do it. It's not worth it. 

louzannalady
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

HERE is a link with a bunch of other links on your options for a safer induction. They can use Cervidil, it is safer as a cervical ripener.

KittyTussand
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I was over due by 10 days when my doc scared me into induction. At the time i didnt know anything about labor inductions. Nothin. Went in at at 10pm. They did the pill around midnight. 5 hours later i had my daughter.
I had planned natural. But the wouldnt let me walk or move to my knees. The contractions got so bad and close it wss like one long contraction with no bresth time i had to get epidoral.

I say dont do it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!! They aren't even supposed to use that on pregnant women or for labor induction period!!!!!!! So many women and babies have already DIED because of doctors miss using cytotec. I'd report my doctor if they tried to give me something that the manufacture even put on the damn label is not to be used to induce labor!

RhondaVeggie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
But it's $300 instead of 50 cents so there's plenty of additional profit to cover the occasional law suit if they use cytotec.

Quoting louzannalady:

HERE is a link with a bunch of other links on your options for a safer induction. They can use Cervidil, it is safer as a cervical ripener.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Not only the FDA, but the drug maker themselves...

Quoting louzannalady:

NOOOOO!!!! The FDA specifically forbids the use of this product to induce labor!!!!! It is INCREDIBLY unsafe for this purpose!!!!

HERE is a link to the FDA site & the insert to the product (also forbidding the use)

louzannalady
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Yeah... It's very sad that they care much more about their time and their pocket books than patient's health and safety! : ( I included that in my link, the price per dose. VERY scary stuff! 

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

But it's $300 instead of 50 cents so there's plenty of additional profit to cover the occasional law suit if they use cytotec.

Quoting louzannalady:

Cynthje
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Noooooo, that stuff is dangerous, even the drugmaker publiced explicit warnings  not to use it in inductions. Please dont allow the doctor to use that on you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN