Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm scared...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

None of my pregnancies have been easy...almost died with my 1st son actually...but somehow everything turned out ok.  Well with my 3rd son I got Gestational diabetes and it caused issues.  Which is why after coming to terms that I didn't have a daughter after 3 pregnancies I decided to not risk having another one and to just focus on my 3 boys and live my life.....well fast forward to 2 1/2 years and now I'm preg. again.  I'm very scared because I'll have GD right from the start which can me me have a heart attack, or seizures and can make the baby's internal organ not develop all the way (hence why I didn't want to risk it again, this one was a surprise)....I'm taking my prenatal vitamins and I'm eating every 2 to 3 hours, things I remember doing with my 3rd son BUT....

I'm still scared.  

Even though this was a surprise pregnancy, I don't want anything to happen to my baby.  I know I'm all hormonal and being emotional and I'm sorry for this downer of a post but I just had to vent and say what's on my mind... thank you for reading all of this.  ((Hugs))

in love     family in the van  expecting baby

Rob and Me with all of our kids..Dean, Jacob, Garrett, Ally, Zack, Jackson and one on the way.  I love my big family.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WonderWomanSV
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
The more you worry, the harder it will be on you and baby. I saw your post about your due date, so you've seen your dr. Did your dr have any concerns? As long as you're feeling well and your dr wasn't concerned, try to enjoy it. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Why would you have gestational diabetes by default?

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

why would you think you will have GD right away? every pregnancy is different and having it with one doesn't mean you will have it with another.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Just remember everything happens for a reason and try not to stress too much...every pregnancy is different!  There is a good chance that you actually won't have it again!  I know it's hard but try to relax and take things day by day.  Stress isn't good for you or the baby!

I know how that feels, I almost died with my first and he was severely premature.  I got the implant in my arm so I can't get pregnant for AT LEAST 3 years, I'll probably wait even longer after that.  If I have problems with my second child, I'm getting my tubes tide or my husband is getting fixed so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)