Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anterior Placenta *Update*

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 35 Replies
So I'm 21 weeks & couldn't wait to feel baby kick, flip around. But 2 weeks ago at my anatomy scan she said 'that's your placenta right in front...' So I said Anterior? And she said yes.

On spinning babies site I read it can move but didn't look at the exercises yet really because I'm skeptical it would work. IDK I'm just disappointed I can't feel anything...

Any advise? Did anyone have it & it did move back?

Called the doula group for 'intake' talked with head/founder of the group.

She said w/anterior no higher risk for csection & she encouraged me to ask my OB why at 42 and no health problems he already said at 1st meeting he'd induce at 39 weeks.
She also said w/anterior placenta I'd feel baby move but probably later in pregnancy and not as much or stronger in the front as posterior.
So I feel better already.
I picked up Gaskin's 'Guide to Childbirth'. Maybe I won't feel SO ignorant much longer :-\.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
My friend had it, she felt her son move and kick but it wasn't until 30ish weeks. It must have moved because she had a csection at 40wks.
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I read if it doesn't move it can be a reason for a csection. I hope not.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM

The bigger the baby gets the better you will feel movement. With my second I had an anterior placenta. I felt movement it was just different! I will tell you that often times with the anterior placenta the baby can actually be positioned a little less ideal for labor. I highly suggest seeing a chiropracter. They can help make sure baby is aligned in the pelvis correctly for delivery. Hope that helps sweetie!

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thanks Nora.

I found a doula group in town & was just waiting til I was further along to call & schedule with them. I guess now's the time though!

Hopefully they'll be able to recommend stuff.

I'm hormonal this week & feeling disappointed & then finding that out was a let down.

Its been an ugh week! I don't feel too pregnant & 'glowing' just FAT and uncomfortable. Plus my low back's started hurting.

Sorry to rant!
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Hugs sweetie. Hopefully next week is a better one!!

Quoting 40sandPreg:

Thanks Nora.

I found a doula group in town & was just waiting til I was further along to call & schedule with them. I guess now's the time though!

Hopefully they'll be able to recommend stuff.

I'm hormonal this week & feeling disappointed & then finding that out was a let down.

Its been an ugh week! I don't feel too pregnant & 'glowing' just FAT and uncomfortable. Plus my low back's started hurting.

Sorry to rant!

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

i had an anterior placenta with my first. started feeling movement and kicks about 20-21 weeks. I felt TONS of kicking, moving, turning, hiccups. don;t worry, you will feel plenty soon enough.

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I hope. I keep couting days on the calender: 21w 3d today. Still waiting...

Quoting Bethbeth:

i had an anterior placenta with my first. started feeling movement and kicks about 20-21 weeks. I felt TONS of kicking, moving, turning, hiccups. don;t worry, you will feel plenty soon enough.

CelestialSong
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I had an anterior placenta. I felt plenty of movement from my baby, but she was crazy active in the womb! I don't see why it would be a problem though, unless you mean placenta previa where the placenta is blocking the cervix?
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Nope, not previa, just anterior.
After the scan I talked to doc he said everything's fine but I can't 'feel' her. On occassion lying on my sides but not what I'd think is a kick type feeling, just a pressure of my belly getting bigger & 'shifting' going on.
crheinheimer
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I have an anterior placenta this time, I feel lots of movement but she's sitting really low and I feel a lot in my hips when I'm laying down. Just lately (I'm 25 wks 5 days) I've been feeling her up higher. You should be fine for a normal vaginal delivery. I'm going to be birthing at a birth center and they are very particular about making sure to only take ladies who are low risk and they're not at all concerned. The baby could possibly be face up which would probably mean a lot of back labor, but spinning babies has exersizes for that. Best of luck to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN