Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crying so hard

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
My bf is a friggin asshole. Dd was born January 28th. And hes telling me im pushing him away. Reason...because Im holding our daughter and I refuse to let her cry it out. Hes like its unhealthy for you to hold her 24/7. Hes mad because i spent $50 of MY TAX MONEY on a Moby wrap so ican hold her and clean up aroumd the house. Hes like oh im worried for her, shes not going to grow amd be atrahed to your hip with you holding her. Um SHES A FUCKING NEWBORN. She doesn't want to be anywhere else besides my arms. If i put her down she cries. Im not gonna let her cry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewMom333
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I'm so sorry. Newborns are hard enough without added issues but it can be a difficult adjustment for everyone. Maybe try showing him some info online about how soothing Babywearing can be for babies and how crying is unnecessary when wearing them is so easy. Also, it's still a very new adjustment but maybe try to be overly communicative during this time so there are no hurt feelings - because I bet that's why he's acting this way. (Unless he always an asshole - which I'm hopeing isn't the case) good luck and congrats on the baby!!
AmericanChild82
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him to stop being a dick and talk to a pediatrician.

mama-smurf
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Idk why hes acting like this. He unleashed everything at once. He doesn't like the fact I dont wanna pump to go to concert with him.

Quoting NewMom333:

I'm so sorry. Newborns are hard enough without added issues but it can be a difficult adjustment for everyone. Maybe try showing him some info online about how soothing Babywearing can be for babies and how crying is unnecessary when wearing them is so easy. Also, it's still a very new adjustment but maybe try to be overly communicative during this time so there are no hurt feelings - because I bet that's why he's acting this way. (Unless he always an asshole - which I'm hopeing isn't the case) good luck and congrats on the baby!!

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Sorry, momma! I wouldn't want to go to a concert at this point in the game. How old is baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM
14 days old

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Sorry, momma! I wouldn't want to go to a concert at this point in the game. How old is baby?

NewMom333
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Yikes!! That would be waaaay too soon for me to feel up for that stuff. He's being childish and should talk to a pediatrician like the op said. Maybe he just doesn't really realize everything involved with having a baby :/ I'm sorry
JMCorbin84
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I know I couldn't make an outing until about 2 weeks after dd was born, but that was due to come tearing so walking was not comfy. I never left her alone w/ a sitter until she was 6 months old tho and it was a friend of the family who was trained as a child care provider.

Ur Dh tho is prob feeling a little starved for attention, I had to sleep in the living room for the first 4 months bc dd would be up and down ALL night. My Dh said he'd forget how to have sex if it went on for much longer lol. At that age however letting her cry it out is not recommended, she is too young to know how to self soothe and for the last 9 months has known nothing but the sound of your heartbeat and the warmth & comfort of being inside you. I kept dd swaddled constantly, especially if she was in her bouncer bc I wanted to stimulate still being cuddled.

Good luck w/ everything, the 1st couple of months are difficult, most of it is trial & error and figuring out what ur dd wants & likes.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM

the baby is still adjusting being out of her moms tummy.

Beenhereforever
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
He needs to grow up and shut up!! You need to make sure baby is comforted by you. Ugh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured