Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton hicks or...?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm mobile so bear with me lol.

I'm 35 wks 4 days. I've had Braxton hicks before, not a lot but enough to know what they are. This is my first pregnancy hence me asking. If it persists/is still there in the morning I will call my DRs.

I'm not freaking out/ worried just need a second opinion I suppose.

All day today I've felt a lot of pressure on my pelvic area. I haven't felt any/a lot my entire pregnancy, pretty easy day except my sinuses have been crazy. This evening shortly after dinner I started having what I thought was Braxton hicks only they are 10x more uncomfortable than ever. Not painful at this point (no cramping if you will). And now I am having some lower back pain (constant). I haven't tried tracking/timing the Braxton hicks because I almost feel like the tightness never ends. And now since 8:13 I've had 3 sharp pains in my right side. Maybe some *slight* cramping pains.

I also started leaking out of my breasts shortly after the Braxton hicks started. I have been leaking since about 20wks not daily very irregular.

Baby is moving fine, is kicking/rolling around and has been all day hence why I'm not too worried just need a second opinion.

Again had a very easy day, lounging around. When I lay down the being uncomfortable is tolerable but if I get up and walk around I feel like they act up more.

Are/do braxton hicks ever get painful towards end of pregnancy? Is my body just preparing me?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nikki554
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I could always tell the difference between Braxton Hicks and the real deal because Braxton Hicks get better with movement real contractions will get worse.
KLittleton
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Well laying down his making mine better I guess. I'll just keep relaxing I hope they go away I really don't want to be in labor this early. Trying not to stress it's hard lol.

Quoting nikki554:

I could always tell the difference between Braxton Hicks and the real deal because Braxton Hicks get better with movement real contractions will get worse.

Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
The difference I felt was Braxton hicks stayed the same but real labor got increasingly painful as the hours went by.
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM

A lot of water and lay on your left side, they should go away.  If they get worse, they are probably real.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)