Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scared!!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 13 Replies
I just found out that Im pregnant.
Which is great ....
but....im so scared of having another big baby! My son was huge and his birth (home birth) was verrrrry difficult because of it.
this time I *realllly* want my homebirth to work out like Ive dreamed for so long...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hippiemamax3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I forgot to add... Im 5ft 130lb and he was 11lb 2oz 22.5in.
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

That's a pretty big baby!  Every pregnancy and baby is different though...it'll be fine :)  Just keep your sights set on that homebirth, it's going to be wonderful!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

hippiemamax3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I'm just afraid to get my hopes up. I was 120% confident going into his birth. Zero fear. I was so hopeful and excited.
Then we went through hell.
And I was DEVASTATED.

Now I'm terrified.

Quoting MMerrill:

That's a pretty big baby!  Every pregnancy and baby is different though...it'll be fine :)  Just keep your sights set on that homebirth, it's going to be wonderful!

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM

is it because you are alot during your 1st pregnancy? because thats a big big baby. 

Quoting hippiemamax3:

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

ate*

Quoting stargaze281:

is it because you are alot during your 1st pregnancy? because thats a big big baby. 

Quoting hippiemamax3:

hippiemamax3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Not at all.
I have 3, the first two were 7lb 5oz and 7lb 10oz. I ate MUCH better with his pregnancy. I gained less than 40lb.

Quoting stargaze281:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

hippiemamax3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Not at all.
I have 3, the first two were 7lb 5oz and 7lb 10oz. I ate MUCH better with his pregnancy. I gained less than 40lb.

Quoting stargaze281:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Congratulations!
:-)

Worrying about the maybes happens for all of us, but with a history it can create more worry.   Do your best to learn how to prevent and avoid complications, set your self up for The Best that you can, it's all you can do.

GL!

hippiemamax3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I think thats why Im so worried. Because I worked very hard to ensure a healthy pregnancy and birth. I cant honestly think of any way that I couldve changed the outcome or improved it.
i did everything "right" and still ended up with a post birth transfer and a nicu baby :-/

Quoting doulala:

Congratulations!
:-)

Worrying about the maybes happens for all of us, but with a history it can create more worry.   Do your best to learn how to prevent and avoid complications, set your self up for The Best that you can, it's all you can do.

GL!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

But it could have been worse.
With your preparation then you were able to do Your Best in that moment at that time.
And now, with more experience, consideration, more ideas, you can do all you can to avoid unnecessary risks.    --That way when/if something unavoidable should happen, you won't have added any extra risks.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

I think thats why Im so worried. Because I worked very hard to ensure a healthy pregnancy and birth. I cant honestly think of any way that I couldve changed the outcome or improved it.
i did everything "right" and still ended up with a post birth transfer and a nicu baby :-/

Quoting doulala:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)