Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

tubal pregnancy

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
would you have the same symptoms with a tubal pregnancy as a normal pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Here, hope this helps

What are the symptoms?

In the first few weeks, an ectopic pregnancy usually causes the same symptoms as a normal pregnancy, such as a missed menstrual period, fatigue, nausea, and sore breasts.

The key signs of an ectopic pregnancy are:

• Pelvic or belly pain. It may be sharp on one side at first and then spread through your belly. It may be worse when you move or strain.
  • Vaginal bleeding.

If you think you are pregnant and you have these symptoms, see your doctor right away.

How is an ectopic pregnancy diagnosed?

A urine test can show if you are pregnant. To find out if you have an ectopic pregnancy, your doctor will likely do:

• A pelvic exam to check the size of your uterus and feel for growths or tenderness in your belly.
  • A blood test that checks the level of the pregnancy hormone (hCG). This test is repeated 2 days later. During early pregnancy, the level of this hormone doubles every 2 days. Low levels suggest a problem, such as ectopic pregnancy.
  • An ultrasound. This test can show pictures of what is inside your belly. With ultrasound, a doctor can usually see a pregnancy in the uterus 6 weeks after your last menstrual period.
krissy920
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:33 AM
My dear friend just had surgery because of a tubal pregnancy. She thought she had extreme gas, to the point she was on the floor and passed out. She went to the er at least twice and they did an ultra sound and said there was a sac in her uterus. They sent her home saying it was gas. She made it to eight weeks before her husband rushed her to the er for passing out. She had extreme fatigue, pain, couldnt eat or drink and suffered the entire pregnancy. I should of seen the signs because ive never seen a pregnant person in so much pain.
krissy920
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:34 AM
I forgot to add she has internal bleeding, her tube almoat ruptured by the rime they realized there was no sac in her uterus and that it was ectopic. Her hcg levels were also great over 14000.
CafeMom Tickers
Sassy_Mommy1
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I had a tubal pregnancy...knew I was pregnant had no pain, no irritation as all of the sights say. I went for a 4 week check up and they found fluid in my pelvis from where one of my tubes ruptured. But, I wouldn't have had a clue if it wasnt for the doctors visit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)