Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

water birthing mommas.. need tips

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 6 Replies
Planned a water birth with my first two but unfortunately that didnt happen due to an induction and then them taking forever to set the tub up.... i changed.to a birthing center that already has huge tubs in the rooms , so im very confident this time.

What are some helpful tips. What did you wear? What position did you deliver? I want to almost on a all 4s posiyion or squating... any type of advice tips or tricks would be helpful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I have tried three times and hope in the future to have a water birth. But I will never labor without water. I wear nothing when in labor. When I was trying with my first and third in the water. Before I got out to do a different position. I was in a squatting positions. The only birth I labored where I did not birth in the positions that was right for me. Was with my second. Because we had her at a hospital.

Do what feels right to you.

kierasmommy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I wore a grey bra so that it didnt become see through. I wanted to be able to share pics :) As far as position goes, a lot of it just depends on your comfort level at the time, where you are feelin your contractions and the shape of the tub.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I tried to stand at the end, but my MEDwife knocked me on my kester! : *( I let my body push when I was on all fours. I squat most of the time. : ) HERE is a video I made of the photos that were taken. Don't worry, it's very modest! 

JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I wore a bathing suit top, and I pushed leaning on my husband (who was also in the tub) mostly on all fours, until the end and I stood up so my midwife could bring my daughter's hand out so I could get her body out easier.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Naked. 

What position? Whatever felt best at the time. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I wore nothing, but I have seen mamas wear sports bras.  I delivered in just a sitting position, but I did push kneeling.  I guess my advice is to just listen to your body.  Also, I kind of wished I wore aqua shoes for better grip on the bottom, but they were the last thing I would want to put on in active labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN