Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Second Opinion Update

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

Just an update on everything- The results are still the same. Our baby's heartbeat is beating and it is still VERY much alive. We want to meet this little one and then be able to say goodbye when it is time. I will NOT be terminating. We know in our hearts that this is what we need to do. I know my baby will pass away but until then, we will cherish every moment of pregnancy and meeting our baby while we can. We hope that by seeing our story about Anencephaly that can educate everyone that has never heard of a such thing. There is a chance our baby can live but we will have to prepare with time. You can see the damage on the head in some pictures. I still love my baby! I will cherish every moment!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM

*hugs* Your strength makes me smile. *hugs again*

mrs.hill25
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

God bless you and keep you and your family. May he also give you strength

willsmoms
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I know it is a sad situation but I am so happy you are letting the baby decide and I hope you get a little time with the baby.
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Hugs to you. I know you didn't come to this decision lightly. I respect your choice and hope we are able to help you through this. Every moment is precious, and I hope that the journey you have chosen and sharing your experience will bring your heart some peace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

*hugs and prayers* You are an amazing woman!

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I agree 100%, closure when baby decides is something everyone needs. Remember, everything happens for a reason.

Quoting willsmoms:

I know it is a sad situation but I am so happy you are letting the baby decide and I hope you get a little time with the baby.

MomOfNolan
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

You have a wonderful perspective on this sad situation!  You're an amazing mom already!

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM

This!  I admire your strength...and now you can use your story to educate and as a testimony to other families who are going through the same thing or something similar.

Quoting MomOfNolan:

You have a wonderful perspective on this sad situation!  You're an amazing mom already!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Lots of good thoughts for you and your family. Here's a blog of a girl I used to talk to on another forum. We were in the same due date group (April 2012).

http://www.averyalis.blogspot.com/  

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I'm glad to hear an update from you! Your update makes me smile. :) Hang in there mama, we're all here for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)