Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

sitting here trying to decipher my contractions...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

are they irritable, or are they something more... this is why I hate irritable contractions.... so far they are about 3 min apart, but not strong... grr... 

someone keep me company?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM
That doesn't sound like fun. 8(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM
The contractions, not keeping you company.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kloiesmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM

When are you due? Is this first baby or more? When did you have last baby if this isn't your first?

pregnancy calendar  Baby Blinkies  Baby Blinkies 

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Quoting mem82:

That doesn't sound like fun. 8(

lol.. its not.  they still haven't let up either.. not happy... I'll give it another 30 min and if not, then call my midwife... I'm only 34 weeks, so we are ofcourse not ready.  

mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM
dont wait to long if they are contractions and u get to far they cant stop them you shoyldnt be having contractions 3min apart at 34 weeks.....bh yea contractions no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Kloiesmommy:

When are you due? Is this first baby or more? When did you have last baby if this isn't your first?

I'm 34 weeks, this is baby number 6, and my youngest is turning 3 in april. 

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Quoting mama2my2boys:

dont wait to long if they are contractions and u get to far they cant stop them you shoyldnt be having contractions 3min apart at 34 weeks.....bh yea contractions no

I have an irritable uterus.. so we did this with all my pregnancies.  but this little girl may have different plans.  I am hoping that we don't need trabutaline... god i hate that crap.  

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

What are you doing to stop them?

Mail Myself to You
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Quoting doulala:

Drank some water and took my magnesium supp.  I ate a little, laid down.  tried to sleep.  took a short shower.  I just checked my cervix, its still closed and there is no increase of discharge.  so at the moment these seem to just be irritable contractions, I am guessing from stress.  I'm doing some breathing exercises.  they have slowed down a bit, but as they slow down she starts kicking my cervix and they start back up again.  

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting doulala:

Drank some water and took my magnesium supp.  I ate a little, laid down.  tried to sleep.  took a short shower.  I just checked my cervix, its still closed and there is no increase of discharge.  so at the moment these seem to just be irritable contractions, I am guessing from stress.  I'm doing some breathing exercises.  they have slowed down a bit, but as they slow down she starts kicking my cervix and they start back up again.  

oh boy, wow!   :-/
Do you do anything to relieve stress overall?

Mail Myself to You
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)