Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going it alone???

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 20 Replies

Hi there! So I am now in my 6th month of my first pregnancy, and I am afraid that my baby's father will not be involved in the rest of the pregnancy. He and I have decided to "take a break" and I have a feeling that this break will somehow be permanent... As upset and frustrated I am about the situation with him, I am desperately in need of something productive to pass my time! I work full time and have little energy for much else :( but I cannot sit around with so much on my mind... This may be a dumb question... but, What would any of you do?? P.S. I do not have many girlfriends, and I lost contact with all of my guy friends when my baby's dad came into my life... 

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear. :(
I would do crafty things. Crochet, scrapbook, other stuff. Youtube has tutorials. Plus pinterest is addictive! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry :( if your crafty maybe make some stuff for the babies nursery or something like that.

Lala8005
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Lol thank you! I truly do love to do anything and everything crafty! I currently have a million and one projects in the works!! I just seem to have the same problem, with too much time alone to think!!  :( lol I guess I really just need to be patient... And get out to meet pepole! But where do single "normal" girls go to make new friends? In my situation living in Utah, I have learned that there are 2 main groups of girls... The ones that party( that is all thet really care about), and the ones that are married by my age, that would judge me... I feel like I am stuck somewhere in the middle, with no one who understands...

tigerlil97
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I hear you! It can be rough meeting new folks. It may sound corny, but It's great if you can find an online service. Here on the east coast, there are groups that organize fun outings for single people: meals, music events, outdoor stuff. Try google and see if you can find anything like that. If not, try it another way. Since you like crafty stuff, see if there are any online communities around that. See if you can connect with any specific people near you and then maybe arrange to meet up as a group at some crafty event. A friend of a friend might be someone you really hit it off with! Good luck. :-)

Quoting Lala8005:

Lol thank you! I truly do love to do anything and everything crafty! I currently have a million and one projects in the works!! I just seem to have the same problem, with too much time alone to think!!  :( lol I guess I really just need to be patient... And get out to meet pepole! But where do single "normal" girls go to make new friends? In my situation living in Utah, I have learned that there are 2 main groups of girls... The ones that party( that is all thet really care about), and the ones that are married by my age, that would judge me... I feel like I am stuck somewhere in the middle, with no one who understands...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crystal626rose
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
This might sound stupid, but maybe the gym? Even if it's just a little while to walk on a treadmill.... If you make a friend there you can use that friendship to get back in shape after baby is born.good luck!
Amycapl
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i would suggest reaching out and maybe trying to reconnect with a couple of friends.  Do you know anyone who has kids?  it couldn't hurt to try!  otherwise, maybe go to Meetup.com and look for groups in your area of moms/moms-to-be that you can connect with.  Another good option (if you're in the US) is looking into the MOMS club.  it's mostly for stay at home moms, but they can probably help point you in the right direction as far as where to go next.  good luck! i do hope you find a support system!

CafeMom Tickers
nicole2884
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Its never to late to reach out to old friends because true friends never lose faith in you an well welcome you back
1wildchild
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with reaching out to your old friends. You'll never know if the friendships can be salvaged if you don't try. The working out suggestion is a good one too cause it'll keep you in shape and maybe you'll meet someone else there to become friends or work out buddies with. 

GInman001
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Where in Utah are you? I live in Herriman!
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear. Get back into contact with old friends, make some new ones and set up stuff for baby =0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured