Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby kickin all around during early labor?

Posted by   + Show Post
my ob told me yesterday once again im in early labor...he thinks this because ive dialeted 1 cm within the last few days so im gonna go walk around walmart and see if that progresses things. But my question is im up having my daily cup of coffee w minimal contractions and babygirl is kickin up a storm, can she do that during early labor tho??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
sparklebug86
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM

yep, you could have been having tiny contractions for the past month or one big contraction that caused the dilation. Hopefully youre in early labor but dont get your hopes up too high 

Quoting Pandapanda:

yeah. But.. your cervix doesn't mean anything, so don't get your hopes up! How far along are you? Are you comfortable? :)

CafeMom Tickers

Emilytrademark
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Baby movement during labor is completely normal, the baby's movement (if not drugged up) can help the birthing process

BabyFruit Ticker
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I was stuck at 3 cm for 3 weeks lol

Quoting bchic24:

I don't know I was at 1cm for 5 weeks lol. And my son was very active during labor.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1cm doesn't mean anything. I was 2-3cm for almost 6 weeks. Both my dds were extremely active until they came
bchic24
by Tia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I was at 1cm for 5 weeks and on the day I was to be induced I went in for one more check and still no change. That night they wanted to check me before giving the cervidil and I was 5cm! I got away with being able to sleep through the night without the cervidil. lol

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

I don't know I was at 1cm for 5 weeks lol. And my son was very active during labor.

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM
When I went in to be induced I was 4 I think or close to 4. Then 20 hours in I was stuck at 8.5 cm for like 4-5 hour I think. Something like that it was stupid :(

Quoting bchic24:

I was at 1cm for 5 weeks and on the day I was to be induced I went in for one more check and still no change. That night they wanted to check me before giving the cervidil and I was 5cm! I got away with being able to sleep through the night without the cervidil. lol

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

bchic24
by Tia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Yeah it took me 14 hrs after breaking my water to go the rest of the way. And even then I wasn't quite at 10 so the nurse said let's do a practice push, just a tiny one to see if we can get that last bit to get to 10. I did my little practice push and he crowned lol.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

When I went in to be induced I was 4 I think or close to 4. Then 20 hours in I was stuck at 8.5 cm for like 4-5 hour I think. Something like that it was stupid :(

Quoting bchic24:

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM
20 hours after breakin my water I said lol I HAVE to push like NOW! Lol the nurse said let me check and then she goes okay I think we can push through that. Relax and ill get the dr in here lol

Quoting bchic24:

Yeah it took me 14 hrs after breaking my water to go the rest of the way. And even then I wasn't quite at 10 so the nurse said let's do a practice push, just a tiny one to see if we can get that last bit to get to 10. I did my little practice push and he crowned lol.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Yes, they can move in labor. My girls both moved tons. I had to actually get the internal fetal monitor for my first daughter because she kept bumping the belly one off my belly lol.

bchic24
by Tia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

lol!! Yeah my nurse freaked and was like okay okay stop pushing and ran to the door and called to another nurse to tell the doctor she needed to get in here now! lol When my doc did walk in she wasn't sure if she should finish putting on her gloves or catch lol.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

20 hours after breakin my water I said lol I HAVE to push like NOW! Lol the nurse said let me check and then she goes okay I think we can push through that. Relax and ill get the dr in here lol

Quoting bchic24:

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting bchic24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)