Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby kickin all around during early labor?

Posted by   + Show Post
my ob told me yesterday once again im in early labor...he thinks this because ive dialeted 1 cm within the last few days so im gonna go walk around walmart and see if that progresses things. But my question is im up having my daily cup of coffee w minimal contractions and babygirl is kickin up a storm, can she do that during early labor tho??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
jewmaw13
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM
oh no no what i meant was ive dialated 1 cm in 4 days, 4 days ago i was 1 cm now im 21\2 cm

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Babies move during labor and move coming out during the birth canal. You could be 1cm for 3 weeks or more. Don't stress or try to get it moving at 1cm. Relax, take a warm shower, eat good food and wait till it is time. All that extra moving will make you exhausted and you may not be up to par for your vaginal birth in the long run.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM

that is still really slow mama, just take it easy and relax. Don't expect to go soon. You want to keep your strength.

Quoting jewmaw13:

oh no no what i meant was ive dialated 1 cm in 4 days, 4 days ago i was 1 cm now im 21\2 cm

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Babies move during labor and move coming out during the birth canal. You could be 1cm for 3 weeks or more. Don't stress or try to get it moving at 1cm. Relax, take a warm shower, eat good food and wait till it is time. All that extra moving will make you exhausted and you may not be up to par for your vaginal birth in the long run.

Pregnancy Ticker

jewmaw13
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I'll try im just so anxious I feel like im losing my mind lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
froggiebaby2010
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

mine does the same thing (ive had alot of stop and go labor) i start getting contractions, she just kicks harder, especially when they put the fetal monitor on, she kicks it so hard that she slides it down in between contractions, and at appts when they use the doppler the doc always has a hard time getting a clear heartbeat for more than a few secs cuz she kicks like hell

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Ya I think so, my last kicked all the way until she came out, lol didnt help with the contractions at all

CafeMom Tickers
lilyrose2011
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Ya she deffantly moved around alot when they put the monitor on her I had to keep adjusting it cuz she would kick so much haha I'm just so glad to not be prego anymore and not get hard kicks in the ribs and bladder, I slept on my belly for the first time a week after she was born and oh my god! Was it awsome haha

Quoting froggiebaby2010:

mine does the same thing (ive had alot of stop and go labor) i start getting contractions, she just kicks harder, especially when they put the fetal monitor on, she kicks it so hard that she slides it down in between contractions, and at appts when they use the doppler the doc always has a hard time getting a clear heartbeat for more than a few secs cuz she kicks like hell

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Ya I think so, my last kicked all the way until she came out, lol didnt help with the contractions at all

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Yup, they can do all their normal things in early labor. My first baby moved through my whole labor.

Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM

My last baby kicked a lot even up until birth.  I think he was repositioning himself.

beckyaj110
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM
My DD was active throughout labor, I wasn't feeling much of anything because I had the epidural but she kept kicking the monitors hard enough to knock them out of place quite a few times. You could also see my whole belly moving right up until she was crowning. She did not actually stop kicking till after she was born.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Good post, OP'er! I was wondering the same thing. I have always heard that baby slows down right before birth so its refreshing to know that babies do move a lot during labor! Thanks to everyone else for the information! 

froggiebaby2010
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM

lol im so jealous!!!! not sleeping on my stomach was the hardest thing for me to get used to, i just cant sleep on my side.... although i tried to sleep on my belly right up to about 7 months preggo ( i have a really small baby belly, i still get people arguing with me about how far along i am and im due friday) i cant wait to be able to sleep on my belly again!!!!

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Ya she deffantly moved around alot when they put the monitor on her I had to keep adjusting it cuz she would kick so much haha I'm just so glad to not be prego anymore and not get hard kicks in the ribs and bladder, I slept on my belly for the first time a week after she was born and oh my god! Was it awsome haha

Quoting froggiebaby2010:

Quoting lilyrose2011:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN