Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

This might be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyways… *** little more***

Posted by   + Show Post
There are so many choices when it comes to giving birth... How your going to deliver, where, with who when all that good stuff. I know that if you can natural is the eat way to go but I have heard that some women ask to have c-sections and with out legit medical reasoning doctors will say yes??? Is this true? If anyone on here has asked for one and got one why was it that you did it?

*** I have had 2 c-sections neither were by choice. While in labor my cervix would not open and the babies did not drop. My first born was born with no heart beat but luckily they were able to bring her back and she is now 5 and my second almost met the same fate but due to being high risk she was looked at weekly monitored for hours on end and I was on bed rest and now she is 2!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (11-15):
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Any doc who will give a c-sec without legit medical reasons should be fired, but unfortunately it does happen.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Really?? That's great! I'm in So Cal and hospitals here are making news for setting new policies that ban elective inductions before the edd. It's a start!

Quoting Pandapanda:

In this context, I meant elective first-time cesareans. I live in Northern California where there is a big push (no pun intended) against cesareans.. period. There are a few doctors in my area who will refuse a repeat cesarean if the mother is a VBAC candidate. 

Quoting sparklebug86:

really? From my research the rate is going up. Its especially high in California. They also occur when a labor is not progressing fast enough. 

Quoting Pandapanda:

Doctors that do unecessary c-sections are becoming more and more rare, thankfully. It's a major liability for the doctors and many insurance companies are starting to refuse payment for elective cesareans. 

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Btw, op, not at ALL a stupid question. :)
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

The hospital I had my two kids at (the only one with birthing tubs in this region! - within the Sutter hospital system) lifted their VBAC ban as well. It seems like CA is finally making some big changes that have needed to happen for a while!

Quoting TTC2Long:

Really?? That's great! I'm in So Cal and hospitals here are making news for setting new policies that ban elective inductions before the edd. It's a start!

Quoting Pandapanda:

In this context, I meant elective first-time cesareans. I live in Northern California where there is a big push (no pun intended) against cesareans.. period. There are a few doctors in my area who will refuse a repeat cesarean if the mother is a VBAC candidate. 

Quoting sparklebug86:

really? From my research the rate is going up. Its especially high in California. They also occur when a labor is not progressing fast enough. 

Quoting Pandapanda:

Doctors that do unecessary c-sections are becoming more and more rare, thankfully. It's a major liability for the doctors and many insurance companies are starting to refuse payment for elective cesareans. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I never asked for one, but some doctors will do them yes. Mine will not, she will do an induction IF there are legit reasons to do them... but other than that will not so a c-section unless you've previously had one or NEED one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)