Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

There is always a first :)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone, 

I am new to the site and this is my first pregnancy. My boyfriend and I are extremely excited because we both have always wanted to be parents one day. It just came a lot sooner than expected. We are still quite young (very early 20's) so it's going to be a bit harder due to not being settled and having everything right off the bat but I know everything will turn out for the best. We have a lot of support from our families which helps with stress levels but i would still love input and advice on everything having to due with pregnancy (before birth, during birth, and  after birth). Appreciate the help ladies ^_^

-excited and ready

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
123MomAmy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations and don't worry! Having support from your bf and families is the best first step! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

My biggest piece of advice is to hire a MIDWIFE, not an obstetrician. Who you hire for your maternity care dramatically affects the outcome of your pregnancy and birthing experience. Women just don't realize how important it is to take charge of their maternity care and be informed. 

I HIGHLY suggest reading:

The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth

Birthing From Within

And you NEED to watch The Business Of Being Born. It's a necessity for every new mom-to-be. 

kbear1992
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello :) I'm in the same situation as you me and my bf are in our early 20s (I'm 21 in a month and my bf is 23) and I'm pregnant with our first :) I'm 27 weeks today and so excited! I'm going to be having a little boy name Hunter Brandon Patrick Stock (yes he's going to have two middle names). How far along are you? Do you boy or girl?
ofthesoul
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Thank you for all the advice :)
@pandapanda I will definitely look into the books

@kbear1992 I'm 21 and he's 20, both our birthdays are later in the year and our baby will be born right in between them :) you are a lot further along than I, I'm still at the very beginning (a little over 7weeks) so my first prenatal appointment is next tues ^_^ I'm extremely excited. We are all hoping for a boy only because we'd love for there to be an older brother in case we have any others soon after :)
xLilBit22
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Congrats hun! hubby and i are both 22 expecting baby#1 big chance its a girl, official gender u/s will be next week friday. Today im 18wk. We are super excited her name will be Sayge and still deciding middle name. having family support is such a good thing my mom will be a first time grandma. Baby isnt here and is defended to the fullest lol. (:
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

congratulations

AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Congrats! I'm expecting my first as well :) Best of luck!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Welcome & congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeh81489
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yes you can look into getting a midwife, but check with your insurance because not all insurance covers a midwife instead of an OB.

expecting baby

Quoting Pandapanda:

My biggest piece of advice is to hire a MIDWIFE, not an obstetrician. Who you hire for your maternity care dramatically affects the outcome of your pregnancy and birthing experience. Women just don't realize how important it is to take charge of their maternity care and be informed. 

I HIGHLY suggest reading:

The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth

Birthing From Within

And you NEED to watch The Business Of Being Born. It's a necessity for every new mom-to-be. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Welcome to the group and congrats! My advice, take it one step at a time. Enjoy the experience and don't rush things. It will go by SO fast. Learn all you can about labor and delivery and what to expect and get a good strong support team set up. This goes for after baby is born too. Have help set up so you can just hold and feed baby and sleep for the first few weeks without having to deal with anything else. Don't worry about having everything or making everything perfect. It will all com together and babies really don't need nearly as much as people make it seem like.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)